Uh oh.

I hate those speakers. I gave two of them away when I closed the store. Plus a 100 watt speaker in a 22 watt amp means it will be way too stiff and loud.

I always loved your DR with the Greenback. But I get why you want a change. I had been looking at the Eminence Lil' Texas for my MMB. Maybe try that one? Seems "classic Fender".

I hate those speakers. I gave two of them away when I closed the store. Plus a 100 watt speaker in a 22 watt amp means it will be way too stiff and loud.
Yeah, when I saw that was the original speakers they used in a 22W amp I was surprised.
If you’re looking for a Greenback type speaker with a little more headroom than the original Heritage, Eminence makes one for Scott Splawn called a Small Block. 55w Heritage greenie flavored. I have a set in my 2x12. I think they sound killer.
Scott sells them on his website for $95. Free shipping iirc.

I always loved your DR with the Greenback. But I get why you want a change. I had been looking at the Eminence Lil' Texas for my MMB. Maybe try that one? Seems "classic Fender".
Its a good sound but I already ave one like that. One thing that I dug about the '76 was that it was a really good stock sound.

I like Creamback (thats what I have in my Suhr) but I have a Greenback in my other Deluxe and I'm thiking that I might try and find something closer to the original speaker for this one.
What was the original? Oxford? Utah? Jensen?

You guys should start a go fund me to get Mark a new speaker
It's one of those things where if I had the time I would just get it done but being back in school full time I have neither the time nor enough free income to throw at a few speakers and try swapping them in and out. And my speaker works for cleaner and lower volume stuff which is what I've been using it for lately.

I had a ‘68 Bronco, which is basically just a rebranded VibroChamp, and the original speaker was farty. I tried something new from Weber and never fell in love with it. I ended up selling the amp and both speakers to some guy who paid a ridiculous price but thought he got a really wonderful deal b/c blackface Fenders are just grail items for some guys, I guess. I get it. It’s kind of a pain in the ass to deal with.

Back