Uh oh.

Was just on his site. Wanted to find out WTF the 4 jack option is.

While I was there, looked at the high gain mod.

"We also have a new HIGHER GAIN option available starting in 2009. It increases the DRIVE knob setting by a few numbers, in any mode. It moves the ENTIRE range higher, what was 12:embarrassed:0 on drive is now about 9:embarrassed:0, etc. With this option, you can no longer get the sounds of the normal pedal with the drive knob turned down low. But almost nobody runs the drive knob below 11:embarrassed:0 or 12:embarrassed:0, as it does not sound very good at very low drive settings. You can still get a clean boost in CLEAN mode with the drive turned down all the way. It does not change anything else about the sound, you should be able to get the exact same sound as the normal version, by turning the drive knob down a bit.

We can put the HIGHER GAIN option on either side, or both sides. A lot of people run the DRIVE knob on the OD side up all the way- with this mod you can reach the perfect setting if you wanted it to go up a little higher. Even the CLEAN mode with the higher gain option sounds great with the drive up all the way- cool, responsive distortion without the clipping/limiting/compression of most overdrive pedals. And of course it really helps to make the DISTORTION mode sound bigger and thicker."

First, he is saying it changes the sound ZERO if you turn down the gain to the same amount. It's just more gain if the knobs on both pedals are in the same place.

Son has had his KOT for 5? years now. He does wish it was thicker. I know you tried the prince of tone, said it was too thin. I've wasted a lot of money trying to find something thicker. Problem is, nothing sounds anywhere near as good as this. Maybe he should send it in.

Was just on his site. Wanted to find out WTF the 4 jack option is.

While I was there, looked at the high gain mod.

"We also have a new HIGHER GAIN option available starting in 2009. It increases the DRIVE knob setting by a few numbers, in any mode. It moves the ENTIRE range higher, what was 12:embarrassed:0 on drive is now about 9:embarrassed:0, etc. With this option, you can no longer get the sounds of the normal pedal with the drive knob turned down low. But almost nobody runs the drive knob below 11:embarrassed:0 or 12:embarrassed:0, as it does not sound very good at very low drive settings. You can still get a clean boost in CLEAN mode with the drive turned down all the way. It does not change anything else about the sound, you should be able to get the exact same sound as the normal version, by turning the drive knob down a bit.

We can put the HIGHER GAIN option on either side, or both sides. A lot of people run the DRIVE knob on the OD side up all the way- with this mod you can reach the perfect setting if you wanted it to go up a little higher. Even the CLEAN mode with the higher gain option sounds great with the drive up all the way- cool, responsive distortion without the clipping/limiting/compression of most overdrive pedals. And of course it really helps to make the DISTORTION mode sound bigger and thicker."

First, he is saying it changes the sound ZERO if you turn down the gain to the same amount. It's just more gain if the knobs on both pedals are in the same place.

Son has had his KOT for 5? years now. He does wish it was thicker. I know you tried the prince of tone, said it was too thin. I've wasted a lot of money trying to find something thicker. Problem is, nothing sounds anywhere near as good as this. Maybe he should send it in.
Maybe. Have him listen to some comparison videos.

So I ordered that shitty Joyo pedal (and cancelled it) because I wanted something to crank with the kids. Then I heard the Keeley Filaments pedal and I’m thinking that it would be perfect for the last 4o minutes of every show where we play a ton of Green Day, Lit, Blink 182 and Jimmy Eat World. It seems like it won’t get lost onstage like most of the high gain pedals I’ve owned have.

So I ordered that shitty Joyo pedal (and cancelled it) because I wanted something to crank with the kids. Then I heard the Keeley Filaments pedal and I’m thinking that it would be perfect for the last 4o minutes of every show where we play a ton of Green Day, Lit, Blink 182 and Jimmy Eat World. It seems like it won’t get lost onstage like most of the high gain pedals I’ve owned have.

I told you not to click on that thread. cop0

It showed up tonight but I can’t play with it until tomorrow. It’s going to live temporarily in my small board since I’m actually using it and not my big board for the next couple of weeks.

9B754A50-C2DE-414F-B179-89A01A512363.jpeg

OK. Tried it with the Deluxe and since the speaker is kinda farty I wasn't digging it. Through the SUhr with the red side set to distortion instead of overdrive and I dig it alot. It'll probably just put this in the big board this afternoon if I get the time.

Back