Ugliest car you ever owned?

1976 Mustang II (pinto GT) in babyshit yellow just like the one in this ad. AKA "dad's revenge"!

2e2c5a30435414dff807b89a886165b1.jpg

Almost forgot I had one of these briefly. Very, very briefly. I think it was two days. Never even registered it. First time I took it out of town it busted a ball joint and I abandoned it and took a bus home.

ford_pinto_squire_73.jpg

I had one of these. Pretty ugly.
Late '80's/early 90's VW Fox.

fox.jpg

Believe it or not, it was pretty fast. But it was a also pretty ugly. The interior could kindly call "utilitarian".

RENAULT25-2029_2.jpg

The Renault 25. Very practical and roomy, might as well have been a station wagon. Not easy on the eyes though, or reliable.

I came pretty close to buying a Fiat Multipla as well.

fiat-multipla-08.jpg

I kinda liked these back in the day. I had a buddy with a rare V6 coupe and it was pretty fun to flog on country roads.

I think what bugged me the most was that there were so many around.
And I commuted 70+ miles each way, every day for a few years, and just grew to hate the car.
When it died, I actually smiled. I stopped at a traffic light an my way home from work, and a cloud of steam rolled into the intersection. I realised it was coming from my car. I made it home. No fire. Managed to drive to the dealership and traded it in during one of their drive, drag or tow sales and got a grand for it.

When I first got married and we needed a second car "right now" but I was just starting my job and had zero cash, I bought a broke ass Mitsubishi Sapporo for $5.

images

The entire speedometer and dash were broken, the power windows were marginal, it had bad purplish tint on the windows. Driving it home the front quarter panel lifted up like an airplane wing. :eek: at home I bolted the quarter panel down and covered the edge of rust around the bottom edge of the car with a stripe of carefully applied duct tape. The car was silver so it just looked like moulding. The back brakes were grinding and seizing so I removed them and capped off the brake lines.

I drove that car back and forth on a 9 mile trip to work each day for just over 2 1/2 months and nowhere else. I wouldn't allow anyone else to ride in that death trap. Once I saved up enough to make my first payment on a car loan I DROVE the car to the junk yard. When I collected $55 for he scrap metal and handed them the key, they were confused. I said "trust me. No one should ever drive that again."

I actually liked the looks of that car.

Weird side note:

Engine Oil capacity... 3.5 QTs. WTF!?

Well, it wasn't too bad when it was all one shade of silver, but it was rotting out, and I did some body work on it, and then spray painted it with silver spray paint. :lol:

The car would have made a great lawnmower, because it ran quite well. Unfortunately, it sort of just "fell apart" or rotted out all around the engine and drive-train. I got rid of it when my foot went through the floor-pan while pushing down the clutch.

Reactions: OGG

My older sis had one, she rolled it. :embarrassed:

It reminds me of a '72 VW 411 Squareback I had. I always detected a hint of a fuel leak, but could never pinpoint it. One day, it exposed itself and it burned to the wheels at the gas pumps. This car was a blast to drive, rode great though ground clearance was a bit much and the car wanted to float at higher speeds. The seats felt like they could have been in a Mercedes.
280px-Vw_411_v_sst.jpg

Seemed like every one I saw was green, including mine.

My older sis had one, she rolled it. :embarrassed:

It reminds me of a '72 VW 411 Squareback I had. I always detected a hint of a fuel leak, but could never pinpoint it. One day, it exposed itself and it burned to the wheels at the gas pumps. This car was a blast to drive, rode great though ground clearance was a bit much and the car wanted to float at higher speeds. The seats felt like they could have been in a Mercedes.
280px-Vw_411_v_sst.jpg

Seemed like every one I saw was green, including mine.
You don't happen to know the name of that color still, or?

1976 Mustang II (pinto GT) in babyshit yellow just like the one in this ad. AKA "dad's revenge"!

2e2c5a30435414dff807b89a886165b1.jpg
It may not have been a great car but they use the steering system tons of custom cars and have for a couple decades.

Back