Ugliest car you ever owned?

Steverino

black sheep
I've been through over 40, and this one may have been the butt-ugliest (web pic)
70pont46004-1.jpg

1970 Pontiac Executive. 400ci V8, 4-door post. The hardtops always looked better, and 2-door versions even moreso, but they all had the same Edsel-esque front grille, and the rear wasn't any better. Mine was even uglier, with a rippled/dented up RR quarter. And the paint was un-waxable, never could get it to shine, though I can't imagine why I tried.
70pont46004-2.jpg

As ugly as she was, I never had any issues. It rode like a big GM, like a sofa down the highway.

Ford-Courier-1977-1.jpg

Also had one of these, same color, but in much worse shape. It had a Mazda engine, but can't remember the size, 2.2L or something. What a rattle-trap, no power, and had the thinnest body panels of any car I ever owned. You could dent it by leaning against it.

I don't have a picture but it was a rusty gold '72 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. That thing took $50 a week in gas in 1984 when I had it. And that was just driving to and from work and school.

IMG_8885.JPG
IMG_8884.JPG

Not mine, I found the pics online. Mine was the same color and about the same condition. 76 Mercury Comet sedan. I actually love the lines in this car. The color was unfortunate though.

I don't know maybe my 86 Chrysler Laser was worse.

IMG_8886.JPG

Yeah, they were a bit homely, but cars have a way of growing on you. The grillework and front looks good, but that roofline... :grin:
Mine was Burgundy, with stock steel wheels and no hubcaps. It was ugly as sin, but I loved it nonetheless. It was broken down more often than it was roadworthy, but I loved it nonetheless. It was all mine, I was 16, and it gave me wings to fly with.

It was built like a tank. Serious steel bodywork that Thor couldn't dent with his hammer. My friends and I used to dance on the roof of it outside the local 17 and up club after chugging a sixer of Mickey's Big Mouths in preparation of another fruitless evening of trying to score with the older chicks inside.

It had a Clarion Cassette deck and four JBL Speakers, it was my private listening den.

I had much fun in that car with my girlfriend while it was parked on some random dark road.

It got me to Hollywood to see Love and Rockets.

I broke the key off in the stupid vertical/between the seats ignition, but I loved it nonetheless.

I will always have a soft spot for SAAB. I was distraught when they finally shut down. I wrote an article about it that got picked up and reprinted by Forbes and many others. In the end, my story had more viability than those beautifully ugly Swedish cars, but I loved it nonetheless.

'78 Pontiac Sunbird, similar to this one I had for about 6 months as an in-betweener

pt780102.jpg

Back