Dig it! Two Tickets to see Donovan!

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
As many know, Donovan was my inspiration to pick up the guitar and to be a singer/songwriter. Catch the Wind blew me away. As much as I liked his folk stuff, the Sunshine Superman album really impressed me. Well, Donovan is doing an anniversary tour for Sunshine Superman, and will be in New London, CT on June 3rd. It is about an hour and a half from me, but Carol has agreed to go and we will make a weekend of it. I am so happy to finally see Donovan live.

Here is a video I did for a virtual open mic a couple of years ago; this is a song from the Sunshine Superman album.

Coming my way,

medium.jpg

Tell your friends about the show.

Donovan

50th Anniversary Tour
The Sunshine Superman Tour

Thursday, June 8
Doors 7PM / Show 8PM
The Pabst Theater

After a breakthrough and historic period of hit recordings, Donovan actively and consistently performed live, and today remains a towering icon of rock’s golden age. He played with and influenced generations of music’s greats while releasing a canon of music that changed the world.

It was said at his 2012 Rock ’N Roll Hall of Fame induction that, at age 16, “Donovan singlehandedly initiated the psychedelic revolution with (the album) Sunshine Superman.” The recording announced “flower power” for the first time. It has also been said that Donovan is “chiefly responsible for introducing meditation and Eastern philosophy into modern lifestyle and songwriting.” Now, 50 years after his historic debut there, he will return to Carnegie Hall in New York City, putting our musical history and the genesis of a vast music culture once again before our eyes.

There are dozens more, but his best loved songs include “Catch The Wind,” “Sunshine Superman,” “Season of the Witch,” “Lalena,” “Hurdy Gurdy Man,” “Atlantis,” “Wear Your Love Like Heaven,” “Epistle to Dippy,” “There Is A Mountain,” “Jennifer Juniper,” “Barabajagal,” “To Susan on the West Coast Waiting,” and “Happiness Runs.”

MORE INFO

eMembers PRE-SALE

Starts Wed, Mar. 08 @ 12:embarrassed:0PM

Ends Thu, Mar. 09 @ 11:59PM

On Sale

Fri, Mar. 10 @ 12:embarrassed:0PM

Become an eMember

• eMembers get the BEST seats.
  • Get tickets before they go on sale.
Tickets: $79.50, $69.50, $49.50

• Reserved Seating
  • All Ages
  • ADA Accessible
  • Inquire about group rates Print Seating Chart
    The Pabst Theater

144 East Wells Street, Milwaukee, WI

Get Directions

>>DISCOUNTED PARKING

So here is a photo from a show last night in Germany. Looks like a solo acoustic show, and also looks like he is not playing the Gibson signature guitar. IIRC, he also had his original Gibson found and restored to him. Anyway, it should be a cool show.
17424952_10154509697442993_6211279423698419521_n.jpg

He's five years older than me; if I got down that low I'd need roadies to get me back up. :grin:

So here is a photo from a show last night in Germany. Looks like a solo acoustic show, and also looks like he is not playing the Gibson signature guitar. IIRC, he also had his original Gibson found and restored to him. Anyway, it should be a cool show.
17424952_10154509697442993_6211279423698419521_n.jpg

He's five years older than me; if I got down that low I'd need roadies to get me back up. :grin:

Maybe you could make the "Please Please Please" thing part of your act?

Back