TV Taping

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
This evening I went to WCCA TV 13 in Worcester to tape their program, BandEdge. It is a half-hour music performance show. They have a professional studio (not always the case for Community Access TV) with a 3 camera setup. It was a bit odd as there is not a live audience, just the cameramen and engineer. It opens with the host giving a spiel about the show and then introducing the performer. I then began performing. I really blew the intro of the first song and the name of the second song, but the performances went well. I sang:
  1. Stardust and Shadows
  2. Starlight
  3. The Heart Has No Reason
  4. Stories the Crow Told Me
  5. Life in Black and White
  6. Heart of the Sun
  7. Dreaming of Paris
  8. Train of Life
After Heart of the Sun the host came back, talked about my CD's, asked about my website, and had a few other comments, then I did the last two songs.

This will be shown on TV and simulcast on their website in a couple of weeks. After that an archived version will be online. I saw parts of it on the monitor and it looked good. A lot of changing camera angles, close-ups, etc. I used the Trinity 12-string; it looked nice and sounded beautiful. I noticed a few close-ups of the sound hole. I can't wait to see the program.

Back