TTM guitars are still a thing?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I haven't heard about them since HCEG :shrug:

I see Stephan Lill is back playing them again, he used to have his own signature TTM Devastator in 24.75" scale (based on his old Peavey Vandenberg), but he went to Hagstrom's the past couple of albums.

Now he is using TTM's again:

I think Damon (can't recall his HCEG/MWGL handle) had one back in the day. I also seem to remember some controversy with several buyers over the QC of those. I also thought they went out of business years ago.

I've never heard of them until this post.
They've got a few different models, besides the Vandenberg-looking superstrat.

hqdefault.jpg

007937_cc10ea3f75184cb4a3b8442b67a099cd~mv2_d_3264_2448_s_4_2.jpg

007937_f0784089d50d4bf6b1c00b745cfb3be9~mv2_d_3264_2448_s_4_2.jpg

I think they are a somewhat custom shop, so you might be able to order one with just a bridge humbucker cop0

Though I think some people on the old Harmony Central forums had problems with the company. I just don't remember what the issues were.

I remember the guy that owned the company (?) sending out a sample guitar to several of the HC EG people to test out after everyone bashed the company's crazy low priced guitars in pictures and stuff. The reviews sounded fair enough, hitting the highlights and low points of the instrument, and generally pegging the thing as epiphone level at best. I recall the overall take home was that the guitars were OK for the money, but not much more. I don't recall if the owner exploded at that point or not. I don't recall the reviews being mean or unfair, so I think the whole debate just fizzled.

I recall their model was kind of a made overseas to order kind of thing where s buyer could do some custom stuff for Chinese import prices.

Last edited:
Back