Trying to figure out which delay to get...

I'd have a hard time spending over $200 on an MXR or DOD pedal. I think both of them sound good, but you are in the ballpark for a used Strymon at that point. I have the Flashback 2 and it is awesome. The 3 toneprint slots (honestly, I wish they would just make them all toneprint slots) and the Mash thing is so cool. I know most people won't use the Mash, but it can do some really cool things.

i recently picked up a tc triple delay for 175 that is awesome.

out of the ones pictured above i would get the carbon copy.

The Canyon and the Flashback do a lot, but I'm not a multi-sound kinda guy. Of the remaining options, I say the DOD Rubberneck. I played one a few weeks ago. If I didn't already have an EHX Deluxe Memory Boy, which does everything except the rubbernecking, I would buy it today.

The demos I've seen for the GFI Clockwork have been pretty mind blowing...

Yeah, and this demo which focuses overall more on their reverb shows how intuitive it is as well:

It's generally well over my spend limit, but Riff City had them for about $60 less than everyone else...until they sold out.

I just went through this. There are sooooo many choices.....and sooo many good choices.

You really need to narrow down what you are looking for in a delay as far as features and then set a price limit and then start shopping.

I ended up getting a Wampler Faux Tape Echo Vol 2 and I love it. I still am not even touching all that it does, but I was able to use it at our last gig and pulled off an "unexpected Pink Floyd guitar solo" (per our bass player) using it that sounded awesome.

I'm leaning towards the Flashback 2 and eventually getting a cheap tap switch. That said, I wish they get on adding the MASH switches to their X4 pedals (Flashback, Alter Ego, Ditto & Triple Delay) as well as adding it to their chorus, flanger, and phaser...

They need to do and X4 mod pedal with chorus, flange, phase and MASH for all or each...add the series parallel options pathway options from the Triple Delay. Then I'd have to figure out getting that or the Boss MD-500.

I'd probably get the Carbon Copy Deluxe if it were about the same price as the FB 2, but at $230, I'd just kick in the extra $20 and get the FB X4 or search for a used Alter Ego, SD Andromeda, Nemesis, or other $300 delay monster machine. Maybe even a Line 6 DL4...

This will be my first delay pedal and I'd like some variety with which mess around and experiment.

I'll second the Flashback. They sound great, although I'm not crazy about their "tap tempo" implementation. You hold down the button with your foot and strum the guitar to set the tempo. It seems awkward to me. Anyway, I had one, but let it go...wish I hadn't.

I'll second the Flashback. They sound great, although I'm not crazy about their "tap tempo" implementation. You hold down the button with your foot and strum the guitar to set the tempo. It seems awkward to me. Anyway, I had one, but let it go...wish I hadn't.

Supposedly that's gone with the FB 2...I think it's incompatible with the MASH footswitch.

I'm leaning towards the Flashback 2 and eventually getting a cheap tap switch. That said, I wish they get on adding the MASH switches to their X4 pedals (Flashback, Alter Ego, Ditto & Triple Delay) as well as adding it to their chorus, flanger, and phaser...

They need to do and X4 mod pedal with chorus, flange, phase and MASH for all or each...add the series parallel options pathway options from the Triple Delay. Then I'd have to figure out getting that or the Boss MD-500.

I'd probably get the Carbon Copy Deluxe if it were about the same price as the FB 2, but at $230, I'd just kick in the extra $20 and get the FB X4 or search for a used Alter Ego, SD Andromeda, Nemesis, or other $300 delay monster machine. Maybe even a Line 6 DL4...

This will be my first delay pedal and I'd like some variety with which mess around and experiment.

I prefer the Alter Ego and Trinity and when they come out, I'll probably replace the Flashback and HOF with those. Maybe not though, with 3 assignable Tone Prints, I may not need to.

Pick one, stop dragging your feet.

Why I oughta!!!

Seriously though, I'm a feet dragger from way back. I spent years deciding on gear and then either they stop making it and can't get it or I decide to not get it (or anything like it) at all. I probably would never have gotten a Godin Session Custom had I not found old new stock blow out on Reverb...and I was willing to pay the original full price, but the updates weren't worth the extra $200 to me.

I'm tempted to get the old Flashback for $99, but it doesn't have any expression capabilities (outside of manual manipulation).

I'm tempted to get the old Flashback for $99, but it doesn't have any expression capabilities (outside of manual manipulation).

And it only has 1 tone print slot. I'm not sure what type of delay you like better, but if I were looking at the old versions, I'd get the Alter Ego. It's stock delays are better for me.

Back