Trying this for the Gibson and Epiphone

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
Those huge endpin jacks are a pain in the ass for fitting a strap, I found one product but don't totally trust it. Janis Ian just shared this on her Facebook page; I have ordered one to check it out. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.
pw_prod_pw-ajl-01_main_2.jpg

http://www.planetwaves.com/resources/jdcplw/images/products/pw_prod_pw-ajl-01_main_2.jpg

Many of my guitars have Schaller straplocks. Those that don't (including my acoustics) get these:

71h0t7dx92l._sx355_.jpg

Grolsch rubber gaskets. So far, they've proven to be very reliable.

Many of my guitars have Schaller straplocks. Those that don't (including my acoustics) get these:

71h0t7dx92l._sx355_.jpg

Grolsch rubber gaskets. So far, they've proven to be very reliable.
The problem with all that is that these endpin jacks are just too big for the strap holes; you are lucky to get the strap on, then there is nothing to lock it. This looks as though it will lock more that what I currently have. That gasket probably wouldn't fit at all. These endpins are wide and short.

endpin-jack-socket-for-acoustic.jpeg

This is what I am currently using, but it is very thin leather that I fear might tear.
Acoustic-guitar-strap-lock2.jpg

Those huge endpin jacks are a pain in the ass for fitting a strap, I found one product but don't totally trust it. Janis Ian just shared this on her Facebook page; I have ordered one to check it out. I'll let you know what I think of it when it arrives.
pw_prod_pw-ajl-01_main_2.jpg

http://www.planetwaves.com/resources/jdcplw/images/products/pw_prod_pw-ajl-01_main_2.jpg
I got one of those for my 12 string. It didn't fit. Brian at the guitar store unscrewed the piece on the jack and replaced it with one of smaller diameter. Fit perfectly afterwards.

I got one of those for my 12 string. It didn't fit. Brian at the guitar store unscrewed the piece on the jack and replaced it with one of smaller diameter. Fit perfectly afterwards.
This fit perfectly on the Gibson, won't work on the Epiphone. idn_smilie

The problem with all that is that these endpin jacks are just too big for the strap holes; you are lucky to get the strap on, then there is nothing to lock it. This looks as though it will lock more that what I currently have. That gasket probably wouldn't fit at all. These endpins are wide and short.

endpin-jack-socket-for-acoustic.jpeg

This is what I am currently using, but it is very thin leather that I fear might tear.
Acoustic-guitar-strap-lock2.jpg
I got the straps on but once I did they would unscrew those ends on the jacks. If you don't catch it in time it lets your output jack fall inside the guitar.

Gary, I sent you the explanation with pictures illustrating what I cannot explain because I do not know the right words. Its on your Facebook page.

Back