Hot or Not? Trussart

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
jt-16116-main1__wwg_large.jpg

DESCRIPTION
James Trussart Antique Silver Snakeskin Tuxedo Blue SteelTeleMaster
The SteelTeleMaster combines the chambered wood body of the SteelMaster with the control plate, bridge, and pickguard of a SteelCaster.

This model has the same pickup options as the SteelCaster. The SteelTeleMaster has the look and feel of a vintage instrument while also featuring another James Trussart original invention: the recessed steel top plate. The Patented Recessed metal plate sits in a recessed area on the face of the instrument, which keeps the edge of the metal plate covered, adding comfort as well as styling.

In addition to the recessed steel top plate, our exclusive chambered wood body and custom metal appointments are beautiful to look at as well as being functional. For instance, the Trademarked recessed steel head cap adds mass to the headstock and increases sustain. The steel, while also being the perfect medium to display the beautiful Trussart custom finishes and engraving, also has tonal advantages. The SteelTeleMaster tone is a uniquely classic sound that, combined with the resonant qualities of the chambered body and steel top, can range from sweet thick classic tones to the heaviest lead tones.

Equally at home being played on stage or on display as a piece of art, you will know you have something special the moment you lay your hands on this instrument, as every Trussart is loaded with unique custom details. The construction of these instruments is only half of the story; the other half is the finish. SteelTeleMasters are available with distressed finishes that come with a history and a slight element of neglect-of decay-so it has a personality all its own.

FEATURES
Model James Trussart SteelTeleMaster
Builder James Trussart
Year 2016
Body Type SteelTeleMaster
Body Wood Alder
Finish Type Gloss
Finish Color Silver Snakeskin Tuxedo Blue
Back Finish Gloss
Neck Wood Roasted Maple
Fingerboard Rosewood
Neck Carve 62` Neck
Scale Length 25-1/2" Scale
Neck Radius 10" Radius
Frets 21-6105 Medium Jumbo
Nut Width 1-5/8" Wide Nut
Nut Material Bone
Neck Pickup TV Jones T-Armond Neck
Bridge Pickup Arcane Tele Bridge
Pickguard Silver Snakeskin
Hardware Hybrid
Bridge Tele Bridge
Controls Volume, Tone and a 3-Way
Case G&G James Trussart Guitar Black Case
Weight 8.0 Pounds

I love every single Trussart. But....1 5/8 wide at the nut is just way too small for me.

Hot though. Especially the teles.

Super hot. I played a killer one at NAMM, but that price... just ouch across the board.

Not all that hot to me. I generally like their guitars, but this one doesn't do anything for me.

Not my favorite Trussart, but still hot as fuck. Needs a bit more differentiation between the top, control plate and PG.

Yeah, Still not big on off-sets...so no. Also, I get why the all steel guitars cost so much, but the steel topped guitars shouldn't be nearly as expensive. I'm sure the breakdown makes all the sense in the world to James and the business model, but I'll never be buying one. At their given prices, I wouldn't even bother trying one out.

Like Huber's they are generally too rich for my needs, and even more so for the models that actually interest me.

Turns out the steeltoppers have a higher base price than the all steel models...that's crazy.

Never got into the Trussart guitars. Guitars should be made of wood, like Chuck Berry intended them to be.

Back