Trower fans , any of you own one of his albums? How effricient was he?...school me

Great feel.
Great tones.
Doesn't need to "shred" to sound interesting. Nothing against shred, I just dislike it as a creative crutch.

Great feel.
Great tones.
Doesn't need to "shred" to sound interesting. Nothing against shred, I just dislike it as a creative crutch.

The shred argument. You are sparking nostalgia for time a decade ago when we all argued these things like crazy people online.

I failed to mention that he also sings, something that he doesn't do often but does well even though he likes to leave the singing to someone else.
rt_2.jpg

And I happen to own his Hiwatt DR103 from his Procol Harem days.

Oh shit! I still haven't sent surfsteve the pics of it yet (sorry)

I have everything up to and including Victims of the Fury (which is a good one that doesn't get much mention). I listened to anything remotely related to Hendrix when I first started playing guitar/buying music.

The shred argument. You are sparking nostalgia for time a decade ago when we all argued these things like crazy people online.

I could never stand the arguing. I'm glad those days are gone. The idea is still relevant though.

The nice thing about Trower is that he kept using full Marshall stacks long after his appeal had become too um selective for the arenas, so everyone has heard him play whether they had a ticket or not.

I have everything up to and including Victims of the Fury (which is a good one that doesn't get much mention). I listened to anything remotely related to Hendrix when I first started playing guitar/buying music.

Mahogany Rush?
I never thought they were really Hendrixesque, but many other people did.

And of SRV's material I only like his cover of Little Wing - no singing in that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is some great stuff after that. I like Beyond the Mist alot and Back It Up. I saw him last 2 years, not 2019. He has a new band and the kid that plays bass and sing puts alot more energy into the band. I saw him several times with Davey Pattison on vox, but he seemed to have health problems the last time I saw him. Love Victims of The Fury too BTW! TOTAL CLASS ACT!

Back