GPOTD Triplets

Scott_Abene

Resident Noodge
Triplets_2000_00.jpg

I've always hated this design, no matter the name on the headstock. Hate the body shape, hate the Floyd, hate the lack of a tone knob.

I've always hated this design, no matter the name on the headstock. Hate the body shape, hate the Floyd, hate the lack of a tone knob.

Interestingly enough I have never been hot on either one of these body designs. That being said they are super comfortable to play and because of that I will play them. Still not hot on the body style though.

I believe that I am going to be adding tone knobs because I just can't stand not having them.

Floyds are the best innovation to the electric guitars since electric guitars!

Which design? They are distinctly different to me, with the Wolfgang basically being a super off-set.

I liked the MM EVH when it became the Axis (the original name for the model that became the Albert Lee sig), especially the Sport line:

music-man-axis-sport-422808.jpg

%5Cdocs%5C12%5C26%5Cmain-2011-07-29-13-11-51.jpg

And without the pickguard:
music-man-axis-sport-420546.jpg

Ditching the Floyd and transparent finishes on ash bodies made them awesome to me from an aesthetic perspective. Never got a chance to snag one before they stopped making then and before disposable income ceased to exist.

Interestingly enough I have never been hot on either one of these body designs. That being said they are super comfortable to play and because of that I will play them. Still not hot on the body style though.

I believe that I am going to be adding tone knobs because I just can't stand not having them.

Floyds are the best innovation to the electric guitars since electric guitars!
I've never picked one up, but it's proven the test of time, so there must be something there.

Which design? They are distinctly different to me, with the Wolfgang basically being a super off-set.

I liked the MM EVH when it became the Axis (the original name for the model that became the Albert Lee sig), especially the Sport line:

music-man-axis-sport-422808.jpg

%5Cdocs%5C12%5C26%5Cmain-2011-07-29-13-11-51.jpg

And without the pickguard:
music-man-axis-sport-420546.jpg

Ditching the Floyd and transparent finishes on ash bodies made them awesome to me from an aesthetic perspective. Never got a chance to snag one before they stopped making then and before disposable income ceased to exist.
I don't like the body shape.

I don't like the body shape.

Of either the Music Man EVH/Axis or the Wolfgang? That's what I'm wondering. With the pickguard (and plainer wood) the Axis Sports took on a more Tele-vibe, which I loved, but I've never really cared for the Wolfgang profile. Off-sets aren't my bag and I've only recently been able to dig the Jazzmaster...in it's original form.

So many player over use floyds and make it so cliche. Just like people that always have to have phase or chorus on all the time.

Scofield, Stern, and almost EVERY fusion player (and solidbody jazz player) has been in that phase their entire careers. Even Holdsworth and Metheny almost always use layered delays for a similar effect. It's the blight of "modern" electric jazz guitaring.

Of either the Music Man EVH/Axis or the Wolfgang? That's what I'm wondering. With the pickguard (and plainer wood) the Axis Sports took on a more Tele-vibe, which I loved, but I've never really cared for the Wolfgang profile. Off-sets aren't my bag and I've only recently been able to dig the Jazzmaster...in it's original form.
C. All of the above.

But yeah, I'm with you in that I like it better with the pickguard.

Back