Trio Band Creator on sale at Sweetwater

I still haven’t taken mine out of the box. I hope it ends up getting used more that the looper I bought a few years ago.

I still haven’t taken mine out of the box. I hope it ends up getting used more that the looper I bought a few years ago.

Mine made it out of the box and got patched in but I haven't dicked around with it yet. I've had zero time to plug in lately.

Hahaha, so it's not just me. The minimal use of my looper is another reason why I passed on the Trio. They look like they could be fun though.

Last edited:
Hahaha, so it's not just me. The minimal use of my looper is another reason why I passed on the Trio. They look lie they could be fun though.

The looper was useless for me. I used it once or twice and back on Reverb it went.

I’ve actually used it a few times and dicked around with the settings a bit. It’s fun, and should make practice a bit more enjoyable.

FYI, I've rigged it so that the guitar output goes to my Kustom Defender and the trio output goes to my Fishman Loudbox Performer. works really well for that, and it can really help create a sound that can make practice sound like a performance. I've certainly spent more than $50 on toys before that I've enjoyed less.

FYI, I've rigged it so that the guitar output goes to my Kustom Defender and the trio output goes to my Fishman Loudbox Performer. works really well for that, and it can really help create a sound that can make practice sound like a performance. I've certainly spent more than $50 on toys before that I've enjoyed less.

Mine goes to desktop monitors and you are right, very cool.

This pedal is actually really fun to practice with. Wouldn't think I would ever use it live - but fun to play with. Works with the keyboard too.

Sounds like the general consensus is that the Trio is worth the $50. May have to reconsider passing on it.

So about 10-12 days ago, I created a thread about how tracking cookies were really getting smart/intrusive, and commented how my browsing history was creating ads on my wife's computer since we are on the same LAN behind the modem facing the internet. (http://markweinguitarlessons.com/forums/threads/browsing-tracking-is-getting-out-of-control.86413/)

One of those ads that popped up was from Sweetwater for the Trio. Yesterday a box from Sweetwater was at the front door when I got home (I beat her home). It's too small to be one of the Jacksons I was looking at, lol, so I have a hunch I'll be joining the Trio club in a few days.

I've only had one chance to fiddle with mine, and even then it was only for a few minutes. I can see it being useful as a practice/noodling tool, even if the bass & drums are a bit cheezy.

Question for all you folks that got one of these. I've only messed with it a few times, but I cannot figure out how to get a simple bass track out of it. It's like having a bass player with some serious ADHD issues. I just want simple drums and bass line to play along with. Any tips?

Question for all you folks that got one of these. I've only messed with it a few times, but I cannot figure out how to get a simple bass track out of it. It's like having a bass player with some serious ADHD issues. I just want simple drums and bass line to play along with. Any tips?

One of the criticisms of the original Trio was that the bass lines were too complex or busy. The Trio+ has a setting for a simple bass line, but I don't think it's possible in the original Trio.

Back