Trailer Park Boys.......Closer to the heart.

I lived in a park for about 7 years. Great time of my life. I knew people almost exactly like these guys and even ran into the dude who plays Bubbles before they got this show going.

Check out the movie Swearnet if you haven't already.

I'm taking a second pass through the whole series on Netflix. It's still really funny the second time. Maybe better.

I lived in a park for about 7 years. Great time of my life. I knew people almost exactly like these guys and even ran into the dude who plays Bubbles before they got this show going.

I love the series, but I didn't like Swearnet at all. They're not nearly as likeable when playing themselves.

Where did you run into Mike at????

Where did you run into Mike at????

From grade 6 through high school and about 10 years of my working life, I lived in Pictou County, Nova Scotia. Mike went to school in one of the small towns that made up the area & was in bands in the area as well. Almost everyone in that area crosses paths at one time or another.

He was in a band called Chrome Donkey at one time and then onto a band called Sandbox Legacy which may have been the exact same lineup. That name got shortened to Sandbox and the band had a tune called Curious which got a bit of airplay (and video play) in Canada.

Mike first shows up at about the 23 second mark but this was the early '90s and the quick edit thing was popular then. You get a better look at him at 1:10 but it's still quick edit.

The dude that is playing bass just happens to be one of the best guitar techs that Nova Scotia has - he also makes amps and cabs from scratch & tunes mountain bikes. Interesting person for sure. It's one of those 'small world' things I guess.

Last edited:
No problem. The area is loaded with talented people. I truly think it's a byproduct of boredom and people get exponential imagination development because of it. It's strange but it seems in the area there are 'average Joes' everywhere who are extremely talented.

Here's a video that was a pre Trailer Park Boys thing:

I heard that Mike was actually on the sound crew and during breaks would do the Bubbles character to kill time and entertain & that's when they had the idea to write the character in to the Trailer Park Boys. If you ever saw the pilot Trailer Park Boys, the absence of Bubbles is a huge void.

Very cool..I'm limited for time as I have people coming over and a stinky old pot of home made turkey and rice soup half completed but I look forward to digging deeper into this topic with you...

Have a great day,my friend.......

For the record I grew up in Dartmouth,Nova Scotia and lived most of my life in Fall River...

Later dude...I'm stalling and need to shower to get rid of the natural stink...Ha ha.........

Season 8 and 9 on Netflix are great. I was worried that it wouldn't be as funny since it's been so long, but man I was wrong. Great stuff. Easily one of my favorite TV comedies.

Yeah, that guy is good at playing drunk. It was funny with the pool and the Julian doll.

Back