@ Trader Joe's

frunobulax

Gak Pernah Cukup!
last night they were playing Led Zeppelin II on the store PA.
Last time I was in there it was James Gang Walk Away

is it cool? or has the music of my youth become Muzak?

:hmm:

It's cool music for their older demographic I would assume. Could be as simple as the shift supervisor just likes the same music as you do.

My grocery store plays Echo & the Bunnymen and the Cure. I've seen the manager and he looks like he's a semi-reformed goth.
There is no reform, only darkness. Deep, solitary, deliciously depressing darkness! Own it, wear it, or GTFO!

:)

I heard Madness "It must be Love" in Albertson's the other day. Thought for sure the four horsemen of the apocalypse were in the next aisle over, stocking up on supplies for the long ride ahead.

I've heard Nirvana and Janes Addiction (!!) in my local super market. The cretins that manage the place and the brain dead teens that work there aren't actively controlling the music either.

I can see it now: "I like big butts" followed by an announcement - "special on pork butt in the meat aisle"

There is a restaurant we go to that sell pulled pork and the T-shirts they wear say "I like pig butts and I can not lie"

Kalamazoo is getting a Trader Joes. I think work just started on the building, which will be next to Costco.

I wonder what kind of music they will play?

Just a few?

I love Trader Joe's, though. Great quality food, good prices, and nice employees.

I agree. The one closest to me in Nashua NH has a number of babes working in there. Besides that, they have a wicked cheese section. Last time I was there, they had Reggiano on sale.... 11 bucks a pound. They must be doing one hell of a business in that store, because I've seen car plates in there from all New England states, plus a couple Canadian provinces.

I agree. The one closest to me in Nashua NH has a number of babes working in there. Besides that, they have a wicked cheese section. Last time I was there, they had Reggiano on sale.... 11 bucks a pound. They must be doing one hell of a business in that store, because I've seen car plates in there from all New England states, plus a couple Canadian provinces.

Do they sell wine at that one? The ones near me don't :(

Thay might be because of a State law.
In Colorado they can only sell 3.2 beer in supermarkets.
In NJ you can't buy alcohol in a market.
In NY beer is full strength ,no wine in a supermarket .

Thay might be because of a State law.
In Colorado they can only sell 3.2 beer in supermarkets.
In NJ you can't buy alcohol in a market.
In NY beer is full strength ,no wine in a supermarket .

There's at least one in MA that sells wine. Most don't seem to.

I was amazed at the Whole Foods I went to in California. Beer, wine, liquor, and a bar that served microbrews.

They sure do. Beer also. When the store was across the border in Tyngsborough MA, people were pissed that they couldn't get their two buck Chuck. That store was kinda small... it was in a strip mall and traffic was a real bear getting in and out.

Back