Toyota Mirai ?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
2016-Toyota-Mirai-side.jpg

Kind of expensive. Us peons can't afford it :embarrassed:

Ultimately Hydrogen will be the fuel of the future, and it is much more viable and ecologically sound than hybrid or all electric technologies (mining for the materials to make lithium ion batteries wreaks havoc on the environment).

I don't know last time hydrogen was used in large amounts it didn't end well cop0
History_Speeches_6000_Eyewitness_Hindenberg_Disaster_still_624x352.jpg

Fortunately rocket fuel isn’t used to make paint anymore.

Anyway, hydrogen is only going to happen if some people with very deep pockets decide to build the fueling stations. Given how rapidly the cost of solar is falling I doubt the private sector would do it. China could probably pull it off but I doubt the government there wants to do anything that might hamper their solar industry. India has some wealthy visionaries who could get it done but corruption and bureaucracy would stop them.

I've never seen a hydrogen fuel station.

I've never seen an electric car hook up, either.

We're into 4x4's and fossil fuels up here in NH, I guess.

EDIT: I just looked that car up. It weighs over 2 tons and costs (starts at) $57K.

Fortunately rocket fuel isn’t used to make paint anymore.

Myth busted

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/hindenburg-disaster/

:grin:

but you are right, the problem with any alternative fuel is that there are no easy alternatives to the gas station. Tesla is trying with the supercharging stations but it would take much more to make a system as efficient as the current one. Over time it could happen if there was a dramatic shortage in oil (or a tremendous price increase) but I don't see that happening in my lifetime

Electric cars don’t have the gas station problem to nearly the extent that hydrogen does. People can install chargers at home and just charge up overnight. That’s what my next door neighbor does. Nissan and Tesla already make electrics that go farther on a charge than most people drive in a day.

Although I guess people could install pressurized hydrogen generators in their homes for running fuel-cell cars. It probably wouldn’t even be too expensive, and new homes could direct filtered waste water to the hydrogen system. But that seems too complex to catch on.

Back