Tourtiere

yabba

Weird Pick Butt Person
I'm not french canadian or anything along those lines, but on a whim, I'm making one (for the first time). I've had them with beef or veal or mixtures (I'd like to try a fish one some day), but this one's gonna be a pork-stravaganza.

Will report back tomorrow with results!

drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0drool0

Mom used to make it with Pork and veal and it was to die for. The recipe was my Grandmothers and fortunately my brother and my aunt still have it. It was only made in our house at Christmas which frankly was a real shame because it was sooo good

They were a tradition in our house.

My brother still makes them every year.

I’ve never had (or heard of) one made with fish.

I thought that was the French term for an "aggressive interrogation." Good cooking and eating to you...

Tomorrow I'm making Boeuf Bourguignon. I can't pronounce that but the recipe looks easy peasy.

I thought that was the French term for an "aggressive interrogation." Good cooking and eating to you...

Tomorrow I'm making Boeuf Bourguignon. I can't pronounce that but the recipe looks easy peasy.

It is! One trick I've learned.... brown some extra veggies in a slow oven first, with a bit of butter. Stir it up every so often. That should take about an hour. After you brown your meat on the stovetop, add those veggies and the wine first. Cook off the alcohol and scrape the hell out of the pan. Then add your fresh veggies & stock.... into the oven it goes. I've also made the stuff in a rice cooker. Same result, half the time.

Back