Tort pickguards updating thread to complain

Bob411

thrumming with potential
Chad's new McFeely has me wanting a new pickguard for my Peavey Predator. A black Strat copy.

I read a lot of tort doesn't look good. Has no depth, looks "printed on". GFS is off the list for that reason. Anybody have first hand experience with Mighty Mite? I need to order some cables off Amazon, so I'm over the $ to get free shipping.

I've had good luck with Warmoth and Fender. I'm not sure where Tele bought the tort for mine.

Reactions: Tig
Chad's new McFeely has me wanting a new pickguard for my Peavey Predator. A black Strat copy.

I read a lot of tort doesn't look good. Has no depth, looks "printed on". GFS is off the list for that reason. Anybody have first hand experience with Mighty Mite? I need to order some cables off Amazon, so I'm over the $ to get free shipping.

I dropped a pre-loaded Mighty Mite tort pickguard into my 1990 Charvel ST Custom which is actually sunburst, and I really dig the look. (the one on the right, hanging up).

tort.jpg

Greasy Groove and Terrapin both have some good options including old style stiped and spotted.

Now I got more questions :grin: I saw the preloaded with noiseless for 50 some bucks. What pups did you get? Happy?

It was a couple of years ago, so I really don't remember what pickups it came with.
They're certainly not "great".
But for what I use this particular guitar for, it serves the purpose.....you really can't go wrong for the price.

If you're expecting SD or boutique high-end quality, you'll be disappointed.
If you just want to experiment and/or use the guitar for some overdriven, distored type rock, it may work for you.

Overall, yeah, I am happy with it but YMMV.

It's black. The pickguard it off white, probably white once upon a time. Knobs, and pup covers are white. Something I always planned on doing but, never got around to was different pups, and knobs, black ones, and I was just going to keep the off white pickguard. Then I got tort gas.

Pick guard is here. Got notice pickups are shipped. Just ordered back knobs, switch tip, and screws.

Back