Top burger joints in each U.S. state

No surprises for Illinois. Kuma's Corner has some of the best burgers I've ever had.

I do love some In 'n' Out.

Don't we all!

latest

I can vouch for this much. The $17 burger on the Mortons Bar Menu is the jam. I would order it again without apology.

Hopdoddy burger for TX is pretty damned good, had one a coupla months ago.

I don't know what they mean by saying the beer "is served in quantity" though. They serve just the quantity you ask for, like any other place. :beer:

Hopdoddy burger for TX is pretty damned good, had one a coupla months ago.

I don't know what they mean by saying the beer "is served in quantity" though. They serve just the quantity you ask for, like any other place. :beer:
It must mean the beer has no quality, so they go for quantity.

"With help from our friends over at FourSquare, we rounded up the top-rated burger shop in each state. Did your favorite make the cut?"

When I go to Foursquare and search for burgers in my state, the #1 choice in the slide show is actually the #3 result.

I've never eaten at the Colorado listing (Cherry Cricket). Never even heard of it. And kind of surprised - there is a place by the capitol that is listed in a 'ten burgers you must eat before you die' list (City Grille). I have eaten there and the burger was indeed amazing.

I have eaten at Cherry Cricket and it is very good. I always wanted to try City Grille. Everytime I pass it I say I should stop in.
Nice to hear you enjoyed it.
Nobody I know has eaten there.

I've been to Nosh in Portland, Maine. (They've been on Man vs Food....)

Never heard of the one here in NH, but I would argue Gillie's.

Most of these don't appear to be chains. I'd be surprised that there aren't some places that can beat In and Out in all of California. I wasn't all that impressed with In and Out actually the couple of times I've gone. Now that they are more common around here...I've never been back.

Most of these don't appear to be chains. I'd be surprised that there aren't some places that can beat In and Out in all of California. I wasn't all that impressed with In and Out actually the couple of times I've gone. Now that they are more common around here...I've never been back.
In and Out is good for a fast food burger, but it's really a whole different animal than all the other places on that list (i.e. non-fast-food burgers). I guess it's an iconic california thing, which must be why they chose it, but it doesn't really belong.

In and Out is good for a fast food burger, but it's really a whole different animal than all the other places on that list (i.e. non-fast-food burgers). I guess it's an iconic california thing, which must be why they chose it, but it doesn't really belong.
personally I think a list of given fast food joints in each state would be a better "top burger list" because to pick one non fast food burger for each state....I mean come on a good burger is a good burger and to say one out of who knows how many in a given state is ridiculous. For instance in Arizona they list some place nobodys ever heard of unless you live in tempe and then maybe perhaps posssibly you might have heard of them but say you live in tucson in Yuma, in Flagstaff in west pheonix...I mean c'mon *spits*

I'm not all that big on burgers, especially gigantic, overwrought blood-clogging monstrosities. I actually tend to prefer a more modest thing like an In-n-Out single or cheeseburger.

Yeah I thought it was chains. If smaller joints count, I'll vote Bettys

imgres-1.jpg

Back