took my first ride in an ambulance

Holy Crap! Glad you're mostly OK and its not worse. Good on those people that got the tag number of that douche.

Mojo.

wow.....glad you are ok.....at least so far. those kind of injuries have a way of creeping up in several days. but the best thing you did was get in to see the doc, so if you DO start having issues, it's on record.

sorry about the ride. i'm kind of amazed that others stepped in to get the assholes tag number.

Glad you're OK, Steve. Sounds like you dodged a bullet.

Nice of those other guys to chase that eejit down. I hope he gets what's coming to him.

3185B219-BC36-4A32-90F4-FEF669810322-868-0000013BF57DF833.jpg

70C13571-FD2A-47D0-A71E-7DA07951A707-868-0000013BFBE5DED8.jpg

A7736E68-1AEB-4F2D-ABB5-2A4A4EAAA131-868-0000013C0F25F84E.jpg

Like I said, it doesn't look bad for 70mph hit. Must have scrubbed off some speed, I slid a good ways before I hit the wall. These collision centers are outrageous in their prices and the poor Cobalt is worth less than what I owe the bank.

I'm going to wind up without a car, and still owing money on it.

These collision centers are outrageous in their prices and the poor Cobalt is worth less than what I owe the bank.

I'm going to wind up without a car, and still owing money on it.

I went through that a few years ago. The car wasn't that badly damaged, but the air bag deployed, so they totaled it. I ended up having to fold the balance into the financing of the replacement. Mojo.

That sucks. And with there being damage on multiple body panels, it probably will cost more than the car is worth to fix.

I don't guess you have gap insurance?

Mojo.

That sucks. And with there being damage on multiple body panels, it probably will cost more than the car is worth to fix.

I don't guess you have gap insurance?

Mojo.

I was just talking to a co-worker about that. I think I do. I'm going to have to check.

I'm truly a car guy. Looking at those pics depresses the hell out me. Sure, it's just a compact econ o-disposable car. But it was mine, and I maintained the heck out of it.

Last edited:
Ouch, glad you are OK, even if your car wasn't so lucky. 70mph is serious shit, even with a glancing blow.

That really does suck.... The accident, the damage and the attempt to flee the scene. That's a whole ball of suck

I can't believe the lights are still working. Is the car still drivable (as a temporary measure obviously)?

I can't believe the lights are still working. Is the car still drivable (as a temporary measure obviously)?

I was a bit surprised they were still working too. The left front wheel is pushed in about 4 inches, so no drive. Still have not heard from insurance guy.

Any word on gap insurance? It'd be nice if you didn't have to keep making payments on a car you no longer have.

Any word on gap insurance? It'd be nice if you didn't have to keep making payments on a car you no longer have.
Don't know why I never replied to this. I had so much going on then, the accident, hospitals, bills, cars, the Holidays. The end of 2012 truly sucked.

Yes, I did have Gap insurance, and my auto insurance paid off the car. And they paid for a 30 day rental, all ancient history now. I did have to borrow $ from my bank to get another vehicle, which now has 208K on it.

What isn't resolved is, well, everything else. I hired an attorney right after the accident. It'll be 2 years ago this Friday.

This is ridiculous.

Well, at least you didn't have to continue to pay on a car that was totaled.

Did they catch the guy, and is that what the attorney is handling?

Didn't hear about this before, so belated mojo. I guess the good news is that you're not still driving that POS Cobalt! :wink:

Back