Tony Harnell (TNT) singing 'More Than A Feeling'

I was a HUGE TNT fan back in the day. But I'm always a little disappointed when I hear Harnell live. It's always a little rougher than I expect it to be.
That said, he made it through pretty well.

He's no Vince Neil, but that was fairly good. I honestly don't think 99% of professional vocalists could pull off doing that song faithfully. Delp just had an amazing and unique ability.

Props though, certainly way better than I could do.

Not bad! Not many folks could get even that close, really. The "away" parts sounding like someone had punched Mark Slaughter in the throat though,

Not bad! Not many folks could get even that close, really. The "away" parts sounding like someone had punched Mark Slaughter in the throat though,

I noticed the struggles the guitarist on the right had trying to bend the acoustic strings to pitch. I've struggled with the same thing and now find myself sliding to those pitches on the acoustic. I'll do a half step bend, but a full step isn't worth it if you end up flat on the bend and then the string gets out of tune. :embarrassed:

I noticed the struggles the guitarist on the right had trying to bend the acoustic strings to pitch. I've struggled with the same thing and now find myself sliding to those pitches on the acoustic. I'll do a half step bend, but a full step isn't worth it if you end up flat on the bend and then the string gets out of tune. :embarrassed:

Thank you for highlighting his imperfection of this song.

Thank you for highlighting his imperfection of this song.

I dug the performance.... I just pointed out an issue that I've had as well when trying to play electric songs on an acoustic. It's very different when the song is written for an acoustic.

Back