Tomfoolery Gibson relics

realtree71

I crash bikes
IMG_9485.PNG
since when do Les Pauls age and relic like a fender? Ok boys and girls show your naturally aged LPs. I can't believe Gibson is doing a Fender relic job. Do they not know how their guitars age?

I love the superauthentic wear by the upper strap button. That's the kind of thoughtful attention to detail that makes a $6k price tag seem like a bargain. Also, I catch cinderblocks with my forehead as a hobby.

Not even Gibson colors. And those are the least pearly pearl pickguards I've ever seen.

I was thinking the same thing...spraying solid colors over botched sunburst is something Fender used to do in the '60's. And these are Fender-esque 'burst and top colors.

Right above the pic, in big letters: PRIVATE RESERVE - CALL OUR EXPERT

No, you need to call an expert. A mental health expert.

Lol. These are awful. Did Gibson actually do the Fender thing of repainting bodies to match customer order needs? I've only seen 3 real vintage strats that were overpainted over the years, so I don't think Fender even did it all that often.

Lol. These are awful. Did Gibson actually do the Fender thing of repainting bodies to match customer order needs? I've only seen 3 real vintage strats that were overpainted over the years, so I don't think Fender even did it all that often.

Fender would paint over botched Sunbursts so they wouldn't have to scrap them.

Back