Hot or Not? Today's WTF Craigslist posting

bsman

b00b
00I0I_9B08Pkwej6S_1200x900.jpg

1999 Rickenbacker 4001 V63 Electric Bass Guitar with a Mapleglo finish. The 4001V63 is a vintage-reissue of the original 1963 4001S. Everything is original except for 3 modifications: The pickguard was replaced with a customized pickguard, the two original pickups are now wired together with a single volume and tone knob, and a middle pickup was once installed under the customized pickguard. The bass weighs 9.78 pounds and has a 1-11/16" nut width.

This bass is in very good to excellent condition. Everything works as it should and it plays very well. The neck is smooth and the frets only have very minor wear with a ton of life left in them. The fretboard is nice and smooth with no gouges or divots, but it does have some discoloration in spots from finger wear which cannot be felt. The headstock has no imperfections. There is no noticeable worming on the back of the body and only faint clear coat swirls in the finish. There's a few small marks under the bridge which is extremely difficult to see. It's obvious that the customized pickguard was not professionally crafted, so a new original-style pickguard can be purchased if you do not like it.

Felt a deep need to weigh in with another "I think I love it" ... looks like shit as a standalone, but I can so picture rocking that thing like in some Gwar-like orgy of preposterousness ...

Back