Today's project...Labor Day update

Guitar Heel

Demented Trick
I keep putting this off, as I have some pedals on the way, and one that I'm waiting to be for sale. But I need some order in my life. So I'll just rearrange as needed.

Dad and I built the board. Is was the last thing we worked on together. Not perfect, but it does the job. :)

image.jpg

Still waiting on my Pog to be repaired, my Soothsayer to be built, and the Afterneath to be for sale.

image.jpg

Nice!

I can relate to this project and the need for order.

Speaking of which, do you have a preferred order for those pedals?
I.e. Do you have the sound in mind and an approach to get there?

I ask it that way because I think it's different than asking, "how do you prefer your pedal order?"

This is more about how did you figure out how to get to that preference.

And then, sound clips, please.

When I play, just for me, I gravitate toward post-rock noisy weirdness. So I intend to put boosts before the dirt, for that wall-of-sound type crescendo. I also put dirt in order of output/clipping type, so as to layer during the course of some songs. As of now, I'm thinking:

Polytune
EQ
Wah
Super Duper
Red Llama
Klone
Fat Tube
Golden Cello
Box of War
Algal Bloom
Analog Chorus
Blue Sky
Carbon Copy
Smart Gate

I'm more than open to suggestions. As I have amps that I use on a regular basis with and without loops, I'm not planning to use them at this time.

For example, I have no idea where the EQ should go. Also planning to buy a Ditto X2. Should that be next to last?

I am waiting for my new Llama clone enclosure to arrive and I still need to order my Rat clone kit. Then I will get mine together.

I usually put the dirt pedals first in order of cleanest to dirtiest so I can add layers or rock. Of course the Box of War is last on mine, that sucker is full on awesome.

Here's what I went with. I need some longer patch cables, so couldn't get everything on. But, I'll need to rearrange later in the month anyway. Until then, this is all the important stuff. This makes me very happy. :)

image.jpg

The new board. I'm so happy right now.

image.jpg

If you're curious about the blank spot, that spot is reserved for the Afterneath when they decide to sell me the damned thing.

Back