Today was a sucky day.

tiger roach

Urban Bovine Knievel
I don't normally like to complain, but since it has been non-stop insanity since I walked in the door, AND it is a prime parody opportunity, I'm gonna. :embarrassed:

Who's with me?

I hate days like that.....

Everyone has them though, so take a little comfort in that.

I had one a few weeks ago.

This is my usual day. Today I'm having a decent day at home and at work though.

Hang in there.

I finally wrote the kind of report that my multiple bosses deserve. I will recover my integrity some other way, some other time.

Well, I'll join you, TR.
Today was like the previous five work days, but at least the two a-holes who didn't show up Monday made it to work. We have finally plugged every exploit so now the Chinese will have to play with someone else's servers.

The booger eating a-hole near me threatened to no-show tomorrow so I told him that there are plenty of people who would love to work here. That shut him up for the rest of the day until he snuck out 2 hours early. We are up to our eyes with intense work this week and taking any non-emergency time off is a major fuck up right now.

Spent half the day flat on my back atop a heating pad. hoping my spinal doctor can shoot my neck full of steroids next week because suddenly even weed isn't cutting it.

This entire month has sucked for me...and it doesn't look like the suck is going to end anytime soon.

It's only Tuesday, but I'll pile on.

This week has been pretty bad.
Had to piss really bad after a loooong set of meetings and tripped on a stairway on my way to the WC.

Ended up having to do a 6 hour call center shift in pissed pants.
Hope that helps give somebody a laugh.

This entire month has sucked for me...and it doesn't look like the suck is going to end anytime soon.

Everyone healthy?
It's only Tuesday, but I'll pile on.

This week has been pretty bad.
Had to piss really bad after a loooong set of meetings and tripped on a stairway on my way to the WC.

Ended up having to do a 6 hour call center shift in pissed pants.
Hope that helps give somebody a laugh.

Good times!

Everyone healthy?

Yeah, everyone is fine. My dad ended up losing a kidney from his aortic replacement, but, you come with two, so it isn't really a big deal.

My issues have just been work related. Nothing specific, just lots of big expensive equipment failures at terrible times for experiments, clinical collaborators flaking out, a new post-doc that doesn't seem to be working out, really crazy editorial workload, and an administrative reorganization of my department. Nothing awful, but it all combines to me spending half my time NOT doing my job because I am fixing issues from other people who screwed up.

Yeah, everyone is fine. My dad ended up losing a kidney from his aortic replacement, but, you come with two, so it isn't really a big deal.

My issues have just been work related. Nothing specific, just lots of big expensive equipment failures at terrible times for experiments, clinical collaborators flaking out, a new post-doc that doesn't seem to be working out, really crazy editorial workload, and an administrative reorganization of my department. Nothing awful, but it all combines to me spending half my time NOT doing my job because I am fixing issues from other people who screwed up.
Ah, so you're having my kind of month except that in my case the buck stops with me so I'm only under the stress I put myself under whereas you have to deal with everyone else's bullshit. Mojo.

It's my Sunday. I spent a good share of it going to GC, Heid music and Full Compass. Also ate teriyaki chicken. Mostly a do nothing day.

A weird one today.

Busy work today with all the Easter traffic, one of those days that reminds me of my ridiculously low tolerance of screaming kids and/or their parents (all fucking day :embarrassed:).
Gig shortly which should be really fun. :)

Then had a real downer, when I remembered today Jeremy should have turned 34. :(
As good a reality check as any. I'm after all alive and fairly well. I can be in a shitty mood sometimes, but I can't really complain...:embarrassed:

My building has unfortunately not burned to ashes, yet.

I also have to work Easter Sunday.

Back