Today on Orange County Chopper....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mark Wein, Mar 13, 2011.

Mar 13, 2011
  1. Mark Wein :mad:

We have a very special build for a very demanding customer and the deadline is impossible. Delivery has been promised to the customers broker (mommy) within 45 minutes....

So I got the frame into the shop from Radio Flyer this morning and immediately got it on my bench. As with all OCC bikes this one takes no real custom fabrication since all we ever really do is assemble components from other companies and then slap a paint job on it.

[​IMG]

Step1 in the instructions was installing the saddlebags onto the frame.

[​IMG]

Next up was the rear axle assembly. This took about 90 seconds and I had to break out a hammer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out the trick custom hub caps:

[​IMG]

The front fork went on too easy. For a minute I was afraid that I had forgotten something important but apparently it just slides on :weebz:

[​IMG]

Next up was the handlebars. I was going to have one of the guys make a custom set with skulls and puppy dogs machined into it on the CNC machine but time was too short so I just put the stock bars on.

[​IMG]

Apparently I did something stupid at this point because the instructions were all "SNAP" 'n stuff...

[​IMG]

Seat installation was next...I put it on loosely so that we could fit it to the customer at the unveiling.

[​IMG]

The last item on this build was the installation of a custom "Mommy and Daddy Pushbar". This can come off as soon as the client is old enough to pedal for herself.

[​IMG]

At the unveiling the customer was too happy for words. She did feel the need to do her own safety testing before she felt comfortable driving it herself...

[​IMG]
  2. Mar 13, 2011
  3. tgk03 Ain't it crazy?

Too much! But where is the requisite binky and purse?
  4. Mar 13, 2011
  5. Mark Wein :mad:

We surprised her before she got dressed for the day.
  6. Mar 13, 2011
  7. Phil513 n00b

Very cool! You should make a harness for Jack, that would be interesting. :D
  8. Mar 13, 2011
  9. Peeker flying asshat mobile

cute:)

I kinda want one.

a trike, not a kid...:eek:
  10. Mar 13, 2011
  11. 12Pack n00b

Nice ride- but you have to much time on your hands to make a post like this.
  12. Mar 13, 2011
  13. OGG Master of the Meh

Awesome thread is awesome. Well done sire. Well done indeed.
  14. Mar 13, 2011
  15. Coralkong Electro-Shock Cock Cage

16. Mar 13, 2011
  17. parrotheada1a Resident Pitmaster

Payment from the customer includes loads of smiles, hugs & kisses I assume? It really doesn't get any better than that. Nice job dad.
  18. Mar 13, 2011
  19. Hilarious occ parody. I heard jr's voice through the whole thread :D.
  20. Mar 13, 2011
  21. Tiltsta Bliuw fan my ôf!

22. Mar 13, 2011
  23. gibby mcfender breast enthusiast

Same here :lol:
  24. Mar 13, 2011
  25. Mark Wein :mad:

It was a fun morning.

I've started watching the "Junior Vs Senior" season of AC last month and I'm amazed how what a big deal they make out of what appears to mostly be simple assembly. There is one guy that I would consider a "Metal Smith" that works for OCC but the rest of it really seems like the repair shop at the local Harley Dealer.
  26. Mar 13, 2011
  27. instantsteve Glowing Cloud

Total cuteness!
  28. Mar 14, 2011
  29. The ape hangers should go on the front. no?

[​IMG]

Like this:
    [​IMG]
  30. Mar 14, 2011
  31. Mark Wein :mad:

:D
  32. Mar 14, 2011
  33. dmn23 n00b

Hilarious. She's entirely too cute.
  34. Mar 14, 2011
  35. Denverdave Resident Ragamuffin

This.....

Very sweet wheels! She should have a great time with that.
  36. Mar 14, 2011
  37. Mark Wein :mad:

showing off for grandma :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  38. Mar 14, 2011
  39. El Borrachito Premier Staff

Is Jacob going to sue you now?