Today in History

in 1789 George Washington took the first oath of office of the Presidency of the United States of America.

in 1803 the Louisianna Territory was purchased from France.

in 1945 Hitler and Eva Braun commited suicide at Eagle's Nest as the Russian troops invaded.

in 1975 the the Viet Nam war came to an end as Siagon fell to the North Vietnamese.

in 1945 Hitler and Eva Braun commited suicide at Eagle's Nest as the Russian troops invaded.

This one is not true. The Weekly World News established many years ago that Hitler did not die. Unfortunately, powerful forces wanted to keep that a secret.

WWN.jpg

This should be a daily thread

are you volunteering??

i could try to remember to post a "today in history", but most days there really isn't as big a deal that yesterday was.
but i'll keep an eye out. if a day seems like it has had a lot of history to it, i'll try to remember to post it.

are you volunteering??

i could try to remember to post a "today in history", but most days there really isn't as big a deal that yesterday was.
but i'll keep an eye out. if a day seems like it has had a lot of history to it, i'll try to remember to post it.

Definitely not.

However, Wikipedia does have a daily history post. Maybe it could be an RSS, like the SDOTD.

Back