Tincup Whiskey

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423058681.788149.jpg

Tried it because everything I normally like was ridiculously expensive at the local liquor store. $31 for a bottle of Buffalo Trace? Seriously? Enjoyed this in its place though.

Welcome to the new normal.
In terms of the pricing or Colorado Whiskey? I've gotten BT for as low as $16.95 at Bevmo. I haven't had time to get back there but everything at the grocery and liquor stores has been about $10 (or more) a bottle more than the $22 average price I'm used to.

That looks good. Is it good?

I mean, all whiskey tastes like lighter fluid but does it taste like quality lighter fluid?

How does it compare to Ronsonol for example?

410DgjCkZyL._SX300_.jpg

In terms of the pricing or Colorado Whiskey? I've gotten BT for as low as $16.95 at Bevmo. I haven't had time to get back there but everything at the grocery and liquor stores has been about $10 (or more) a bottle more than the $22 average price I'm used to.
A little bit of both. No one is keeping up with demand except these little guys, so the big boys are raising prices.

A little bit of both. No one is keeping up with demand except these little guys, so the big boys are raising prices.
That sucks. Even this bottle was $27...worth it but I refuse to pay over $30 for a bottle of BT, even if it is my favorite.

This is why I prefer Colorado CO2 oil. 70% pure cannabinoids and a $60 cartridge lasts months.

Jess Graber...the guy who started Stranahans & now Tin Cup, has been pretty out in the open about buying his whiskey from from MGP and then cutting it with 'pure rocky mountain spring water' to keep this out at a relatively reasonable price. IDK if you count that as a little guy or not.

Jess Graber...the guy who started Stranahans & now Tin Cup, has been pretty out in the open about buying his whiskey from from MGP and then cutting it with 'pure rocky mountain spring water' to keep this out at a relatively reasonable price. IDK if you count that as a little guy or not.

Neither considered Stranahan's that "reasonably priced" even before it became the "hot" item. I like the taste of the snowflake I bought back when it was still easily available nationwide, but the "recipe" doesn't surprise me after working in the distillery industry.

Back