Hot or Not? Thorn?

I've visited his shop in Glendale as well. Very nice guy and man did he have some sweet guitars on hand. He's also a master inlay artist. I talked my wife out of one of the gold charms from her bracelet and he was nice enough to set some time aside on a Saturday to inlay it on the neck of my Taylor. I dropped it off and he had it done by the time I got back from lunch.

http://www.thornguitars.com/custominlayhtm/neckinlays1.htm

He did that while you were at lunch? eek2

beautiful guitar.....the P90 could be very interesting......i can hear teh Funk #49 coming out of that.......

Brad Paisley would rock the country out of that thing.

BTW that's RON's stapletop P90. He winds those himself.

Ok, I'm an unabashed fan of Ron and his guitars. First of all, you won't meet a nicer guy on this planet, more willing to share, give advice and bullshit with ever. The guitars, impeccably nice. Actually, they are perfect. Always. They sound great, play perfect and IMO are beyond reasonably priced (everything besides the Artisans, and really, even those are reasonable for what they are).

I've played a bunch and every time I look at it and come away thinking Ron is a f'ing magician, not a man.

I've been threatening Ron for years about sending him a stack of my own wood and have him build something for me. One day.

I've played (and owned) some custom made guitars along with guitars from just about every major manufacturer out there, and played dozens of times as many guitars as I've owned. The ones I put at the top of the class are Thorn, Suhr, Kauer (based on the ones Jaxn has owned), Schroeder, and relatively new to the party is McFeely, in part because of some of the similarities with Ron's builds like the CNC cut fret slots that don't expose the fret tangs on the edge of the fingerboard.

If I had the cash, I would own at least one from each of the above makers to compliment the PRS, Charvel, Fender, etc that I already have. If money were no object I would like a Trussart based on the visual aspect alone, but I've never played one in person.

Back