Dig it! Thomann Musikerflohmarkt Gear Scores (1 bigtime)

Nice score on the chapman
That Epi is an easy fix too..blending the finish is the hardest part, if you care about cosmetics

:thu:

Nice score on the chapman
That Epi is an easy fix too..blending the finish is the hardest part, if you care about cosmetics

:thu:
I've toyed with the idea of removing the finish afterwards, or filling it with touch up paint and sanding it all down to a flat finish. We'll see...

I've toyed with the idea of removing the finish afterwards, or filling it with touch up paint and sanding it all down to a flat finish. We'll see...

After the repair dries, you could also consider a smidge of black paint to make the repair disappear visual then drop filling w/ superglue which is dead easy to blend into the topcoat, assuming the surrounding finish is compatible. Test a drop in the control cavity just to make sure it doesn't react adversely but it's pretty compatible with many top coats.

@jelloman I'm happy to say I took your advice. I wedged a pick under the fretboard since that's where (conveniently) the crack led to and put in some slightly watered down glue into the crack with a hypodermic needle, clamped it for the night. Worked like a charm thanks. It still has the finish scar but I can tackle that another day. I don't mind my guitars having scars.

Last edited:
@jelloman I'm happy to say I took your advice. I wedged a pick under the fretboard since that's where (conveniently) the crack led to and put in some slightly watered down glue into the crack with a hypodermic needle, clamped it for the night. Worked like a charm thanks. It still had the finish scar but I can tackle that another day. I don't mind my guitars having scars.
My pleasure...:Wave:

Watering down the glue lets it penetrate deeper into the crack and lets the glue soak into the wood fibers more, giving you a much stronger bond with less air...should end up being stronger than the wood around it...

Enjoy the guitar!:thu:

Back