This weeks BT Jam - Herringbone!

That was awesome! :thu:...I really liked how angular and outside you played in places..always tuneful though. Cool phrasing, shredding and tension all in the right places..:)

Thanks - that's very nice to hear!

Also, I'm very open to feedback, if you guys ever feel that some could be useful. :thu:

Your playing is really quite good on this. Your phrasing was just ridiculously tight throughout, with some really nice melodies that seemed to capture the mood of the track very nicely. :thu:

I'll definitely give it a shot.

Thanks!...I feel like I'm getting quite comfortable with the Dorian sound over these types of tracks. Took a while to break out of strictly pentatonics though.

I loved those :love:...still stealing licks from both of them. :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Those are great! Lots of attitude in the first pass, but your phrasing is quite melodic. The phrygian dominant take was really cool, too - I especially liked the phrases where you weren't playing the b9, and I would sort of forget abut that aspect of it, but then you would bring it back to that. Very nice.

This is a great idea, these backing tracks, it really makes you think of putting down something good for the masses.

This is a great idea, these backing tracks, it really makes you think of putting down something good for the masses.

I was going to try and have a weekly jam (I guess like they have in HCEG now that I think about it) but I just got too busy.

Maybe someone else who is interested in running it might step up...:embarrassed:

I really enjoy doing these..:embarrassed:...maybe I'll put up a new track (from somewhere) at the weekend and see who wants to play? :shrug:

Excellent!...ok, I'll find us something...probably one of Red Ant's to start with..they're so good. :love:

Just digging through some stuff, I found a cool harmonic minor type backing track that I jammed over a while ago..here's the BT:

http://www.fretjam.info/media-files/harmonic-minorbk2.mp3

..and here was my take, a bit sloppy, but good fun!.

http://www.box.net/shared/1bleuzvrak

That was great! I liked it a lot. Was that an Yngwie lick at the fast picked section? It sounded very tight, and your phrasing overall is not sloppy, no matter what you say.

I'll try to throw down on one of these this weekend. I have to put together a paper and presentation, but I'll need some guitar playing to keep me sane during all that.

That was great! I liked it a lot. Was that an Yngwie lick at the fast picked section? It sounded very tight, and your phrasing overall is not sloppy, no matter what you say.

I'll try to throw down on one of these this weekend. I have to put together a paper and presentation, but I'll need some guitar playing to keep me sane during all that.

Thanks! :)...yeah, I was listening to "Marching Out" a lot at that time...I still think the guitar playing on that album is stellar...so I felt obliged to steal some of it. :embarrassed:

Look forward to your take! :thu:

Back