This time tomorrow

Order lunch early.
There will be nothing to eat by the time you are over Sandusky.

Oddly enough, this is the second addictions conference I have attended in a state with legal marijuana. (Well, the third if I count Massachusetts, but we aren't at the retail shop phase yet.) The little glimpse I got of Seattle was surprising, as I didn't see a pot shop in the area we visited.

Thankfully, the herb does nothing for me, so no visits there for me. That could be awkward at an addictions conference.

What time do you arrive in Denver? I was gonna say I could meet you for lunch since your conference is not that far from my office, but it sounds like you might be arriving too late for that. Saturday lunch I'll be prepping for my show that night. For some inexplicable reason everyone wants to do songs we have not played in years, or songs we have only ever rehearsed (Come As You Are...I know - it is stupid easy to play...).

What time are Saturday are the conference session over?

Herb might not do anything for you, but edibles might. :wink:

Enjoy, Gary. Colorado is my favourite place in the world.

I would argue that marijuana and addiction should not be used in the same sentence.
I would disagree. There is not the physical dependence created by some drugs, but there are some who fit the DSM V criteria for a cannabis use disorder. While marijuana may not be a dangerous as some believe, it is not as safe as others believe.

I would disagree. There is not the physical dependence created by some drugs, but there are some who fit the DSM V criteria for a cannabis use disorder. While marijuana may not be a dangerous as some believe, it is not as safe as others believe.

Psychology Today disagrees with you.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-teenage-mind/201012/is-marijuana-addictive
Do you have programs for facebook/twitter addictions? I would guess that the numbers for those are far higher than for pot.

Psychology Today disagrees with you.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-teenage-mind/201012/is-marijuana-addictive
Do you have programs for facebook/twitter addictions? I would guess that the numbers for those are far higher than for pot.
Internet addiction is a big problem; I just attended a workshop on it this past weekend. IT is not yet fully recognized, but may end up in the next revision of the Diagnostic Statistical Manual (DSM).

Think about it; if people can be addicted to a behavior due to the changes in brain chemistry it provides, why would they not also have addiction to any substance that also provides changes in the brain chemistry. I am not saying it is common or that it is as debilitating as opiate addiction, but some people do develop disordered use with negative consequences on their life.

As for Psychology Today; they don't have much credibility in the field of psychology and even less in the field of addiction. (Yes, I have a subscription and am listed on their "Find a Practitioner" list, but I would get a bad grade if I used them as a primary source for any professional paper.)

I don't expect to change your mind, but I know that I have seen some people ruin their lives with marijuana and watched them struggle as much to overcome that addiction as any other addicted person.

I've had friends get addicted to it, or perhaps more accurately to its affect. They all tended to have mental issues of some sort already which I suspect makes them pre-disposed to becoming addicted to it as a "crutch". It is also worth mentioning however that these people were definitely in the minority of those I knew who tried it and most had no such problems. Personally, it didn't do anything for me, so I'd rather have a beer and I'm fully aware that is far more addictive and generally destructive.

Back