This thread makes me wonder how often these guys "Mystix" their pedalboards....

I tend to hoard more than flip as I somehow, for some reason want that sound later and usually do. If I forever just don't want that sound, then I will let it go. A good example is the MXR Carbon Copy. While many like the CC's capability, it did not work for me with what I heard and wanted out of it. Another is my EHX Memory Man which needs to find a new home.

I ran into a band here a couple years ago where both guitar players were TGPers. At least they were playing out. But their pedalboards were worth more than my entire rig. Not to mention the lead player having three Soloway guitars among his other stuff. And a $4000.00 amp onstage (Two Rock IIRC). Did they have good tone? Yes.....yes they did. But not blow me away tone.....

I'm not a big flipper of gear, but then I don't really buy all that much gear to flip in the first place. I just really like how "Mystix" has now become a verb on this forum. :grin:

I bought a Rat probably 3 times and I just built a clone. I never unloaded it because I didn't like it though. I unloaded it because I changed bands or music styles and needed a different sound and didn't have the finances to hold on to pedals I wasn't using.

I've been going nuts with the pedals lately, but it's been a lot of fun. If you can find a reasonable deal used, then resale isn't a problem. I've been losing my shirt on guitars over the past year, so it's been a nice change of pace.

Back