This person be cra cra...

What I love is the $10,000 shipping. :eek: It is expedited, though. Maybe he'd knock the shipping down to $5000 for ground service. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tig
He’s not trying to sell the guitar on eBay. He just wants potential buyers to see it and contact him directly about a non-eBay sale at a realistic price.

I'm not sure what is up with the wacky price, but this one has been on ebay for a long time....I saw it more than a year ago.

Anyway, that guitar is a GL2TA not a GL7TA. You would think for 100K + pricing, one would get the model correct. The white paint is kind of a rare thing, but not enough to command much over the conventional black finish (maybe a grand more, at most, among the collectors). MOST Steinbergers you find are Newburgh models, so that isn't rare either. Brooklyn models are pretty rare, but Newburgh and Nashville certainly are not. Also, for 100K+, replace the damn volume pot.

Guitar is worth, realistically, about 3-4K as it looks like pristine example. I have the evil twin of that guitar in black, and mine is mint, and I have a box of lots of extra parts I bought up when steinberger closed.

These show up on ebay infrequently, but usually with some insane BIN price. There was another black GL2T without the active preamp some guy was trying to get 9K for last year. It disappeared, but I'm sure it wasn't sold at that price.

giphy.gif

Guys sounds like he's pretty savvy on the thing. That said, I'd expect him to be able to name his band and be touring with it. Of course, could be all he knows are the riffs he plays in the vid but I doubt it; he's too solid. Where he's coming from on the price is odd, though. He's gotta know what he has and what it's worth. Wait, there's always autism to consider.

Autism jokes are even less funny than your post with the homophobic slur.

As a parent of a child on the spectrum, I take great offense.

That's strike 2, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Trust me.

I met a traveller from an antique land,
Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Back