This is all your fault, David

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
I coulda bought yours, man.... :tongue:

I bought an EHX Hot Tubes Nano on Reverb for $42 shipped. While I don't think the EHX will sound identical to my Llama clone, they're both based on the same circuit. The EHX is actually a lower gain pedal so I'll have to set it up differently.

The idea here is that I can use either my Skreddy or the EHX and boost either with the mini ZVex. And the ZVex will provide a cleaner boost into the Skreddy, which it likes better than the dirty boost of the Llama. And If I do want a dirty boost, the ZVex does that too.

It'll be here sometime this week. You're all riveted, I know...

Who? Me? Unpossible! :tongue:
The_simpsons_ralph_wiggum-1-.png

So it's here and it sounds like a Red Llama.

Actually, with the tone control on, it sounds like a shitty overdrive and I get why people don't' like this pedal. It doesn't sound like their other overdrives and the tone control makes it kinda lame. But with the tone off, you get all that Tube Sound Fuzz goodness, as intended. It's actually got less gain and more volume than my GGG Llama clones. I think EHX did well with the range on the drive knob so it can be more of a booster .If you want a tweedy sounding overdrive, this one might be for you (just don't use the tone control, it's really a fuzz, not an overdrive).

Back