This guy wasn't happy with his jeep

If you spend $60k on any vehicle that isn't an exotic, then you're an idiot anyway.

What's on that list of $60K exotic cars?
Most of your optioned out luxobarge SUVs hit that mark pretty easily. Heck, the Escalade bases at 72. That said, IIRC you have to pony up for an SRT Gaudy Cherokee to hit that number unless you love DSOs and add-ons.

Oh, I'm well aware that it's pretty easy to option out an SUV or even a pickup truck and hit the $60k mark.

I still think it's fucking idiotic.

And I don't think I really meant 'exotic'. I was thinking more of Porsche and Audi and stuff like that.

I wouldn't spend any money on a Jeep, unless it was a toy that I was cool with constantly working on. They've been like this since the 70's. It shouldn't be a shock anymore.

For the record, I'd love to have an old CJ, but again, it would be for fun with the understanding that it wouldn't be running much of the time.

Also, would have liked the vid better if he'd actually beat the shit out of it with a sledgehammer.

Reactions: Tig
If you spend $60k on any vehicle that isn't an exotic, then you're an idiot anyway.
While I don't disagree with that I wonder if there is also an exchange rate or tariff issue that bumps up the price a bit since he's in Austrailia.

Can't say I enjoyed the song, but this dude just opened a massive can of whoop ass on FCA. Good for him. Fuck those assholes. My last interaction with them was straight out of this guy's rant. I dropped off the car for a warranty repair that the dealership told in person, and while holding the broken part in their hand at the time I made the appointment that it was both a common issue, and 100% covered.

After I dropped off the car, they had a change of heart and wanted to charge me $667 to replace the broken part.

I called FCA and they quite swiftly told me to pound sand.

I then ordered an OEM replacement part directly from Italy for $14 and installed it myself in less than 5 minutes without having to use a single tool or get my hands dirty.

I hope this shitty video gets a bazillion hits and forces FCA to capitulate. Fuck them.

Can't say I enjoyed the song, but this dude just opened a massive can of whoop ass on FCA. Good for him. Fuck those assholes. My last interaction with them was straight out of this guy's rant. I dropped off the car for a warranty repair that the dealership told in person, and while holding the broken part in their hand at the time I made the appointment that it was both a common issue, and 100% covered.

After I dropped off the car, they had a change of heart and wanted to charge me $667 to replace the broken part.

I called FCA and they quite swiftly told me to pound sand.

I then ordered an OEM replacement part directly from Italy for $14 and installed it myself in less than 5 minutes without having to use a single tool or get my hands dirty.

I hope this shitty video gets a bazillion hits and forces FCA to capitulate. Fuck them.
This was aftger your major go around with them that you talked about here?

My only experience with Chrysler was our 2004 Dodge Stratus (which was actually made by Mitsubishi).

It was the best damned car I've ever owned. :embarrassed:

My only experience with Chrysler was our 2004 Dodge Stratus (which was actually made by Mitsubishi).

It was the best damned car I've ever owned. :embarrassed:

17vg8eby2emi5jpg.jpg

"You can't talk to me like that! I drive a Dodge Stratus!!!!"

Yeah, make fun all you want. The damned thing had 246,000 miles on it when I gave it away, it had NO rust, and the only major repair we had to do was a new clutch at 100k miles.

Wow. Fuck those guys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah. I resisted the urge to post a whole new saga about it. Basically, when I snapped off the top of the gas filler tube by being an idiot, I was just going to eat it. But then I thought "Why didn't the hose disconnect itself like it was designed to instead of ripping part of my car off?"

After a very simple Google search, I discovered that a whole shit ton of people had snapped that same part off of their 500Ls while simply just trying to get the nozzle into the damned thing, which was something I always worried about before I broke it. Bad design. Simple as that.

I went to the dealer to schedule the repair. I walked in to the service department holding the broken off section and set I on the counter. The service writer says "yep, got 'em in stock."

"Really?" I asked. "That seems strange considering it only fits the 500L, and there's only like 20 of them in the whole county. I can't imagine a rare part, for a rare car that's only existed for a year and is built in the former Yugoslavian Republic, would be a regularly stocked item. In 20+ years in the business, I don't recall ever having to replace a filler tube."

He then tells me that they have already had to replace several of them, but since it was a known issue, it was fully covered.

Cool. So I set the appointment to do that and get the regular scheduled service. When I dropped off the car, I got a work order listing all of the things being done, including the replacement of the part, and a dollar amount of $0 because scheduled maintenance is free for 3 years.

I then walked to the rehearsal studio about a mile away on a 110 degree day.

As soon as I got there, my phone rang, it was the service writer telling me that they wouldn't cover it after all since it was "clearly my fault". Huh?

I told him they had known that since set the appointment, and that he himself told me it was because of a bad design. Sure, I fucked up, but the part should not have broken because the pumps are designed specifically to detach the hose automatically in the event of a drive away.

He gave no fucks. Was a total tool. His boss was a bigger tool. Both told me it would cost $667 to fix it. Fuck that. It was only the top section. The door/flap that the nozzle fits into was still intact and functional. It's covered by the gas door, so you can't even see it. The only reason I wanted to fix it was because it's one of the new "capless" types with a two stage top section. Without the first stage that extends out to meet a rubber cup on the gas door, I was concerned that water could get into the tank.

Anyway, the dealer were assholes, FCA was completely uninterested. Waste of time even calling.

Learning a few days later that the first stage was a $14 part that literally clips into the second stage really pissed me off. Sure enough, upon a closer look with a flashlight, I could see the rest of the broken piece still clipped into the assembly. Some 2-part epoxy would have fixed it for good, but fir 14 bucks I just bought a new one and snapped it in.

$667.

Fuckers.

There's a newer Ford Focus here in the Battle Creek/Kalamazoo area I've seen several times that has been repainted with stuff like F*** Ford, Ford won't fix this lemon, a # to call for a class-action lawsuit against Ford, etc.

I'm guessing it has to do with the dual-clutch transmission :shrug: The only reason I didn't buy a new Ford Focus :embarrassed:

I've been reading on the 'net too that sometime in 2016 the dual-clutch transmission will no longer be available, they are going with a standard 6-speed auto. I don't see anything on the Ford website about it though.

Back