Hot or Not? this custom build

Chad

Slender Hobbit
So I was over at Offset Guitars and saw this guitar someone over there built. I think it is unbelievably hot.

firemaster2.jpg

There is something strangely compelling about that one. The only thing throwing me off is the upper horn area. It might just be because it doesn't follow the line of the pickguard, but it looks a little strange to me.

I like it. Only thing that I don't like is reverse headstock

I don't really care for the looks of the reverse headstock, but I like the function. The lower strings have a longer length so they have more tension, so if you drop the low E to D it doesn't flop as much and the sorter length on the high strings make bending easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really care for the looks of the reverse headstock, but I like the function. The lower strings have a longer length so they have more tension, so if you drop the low E to D it doesn't flop as much and the sorter length on the high strings make bending easier.

That is the best explanation I've heard for them--thanks!!

It is quite pleasing to the eye...I hate the color and the vibrato, yes...but still, there's something compelling about it...

What's the one with the geared banjo-style tuners? Firebird? That's the best of all worlds, I think. Somewhere along the line, I bought two of those, and have no idea what to do with them.

Back