this contest has been rendered null and void

I'm guessing a guy named LeftyTom wouldn't have much use for a right-handed Tele pick guard anyway. Ohhh...the irony.

Null AND void?!

Does that mean it's noid?

3032911-inline-i-avoid-the-noid6.jpg

You guys DO know the classic "avoid the Noid" story, don't you?

In January 1989, 22-year-old Kenneth Lamar Noid interpreted the Domino's ads as a personal assault on his character. Believing he was engaged in an ongoing battle with Domino's head Tom Monaghan, Noid took matters into his own hands, holding up a Domino's outlet in Georgia. From Time magazine:

Kenneth Noid, 22, walked into a Domino's Pizza shop in Chamblee, Ga., with a .357 Magnum revolver and took two employees hostage. When police arrived, he demanded $100,000 in cash, a getaway car and a copy of The Widow's Son, a 1985 novel about secret societies in an 18th century Parisian prison.

All Noid got was the pizza he ordered. After a five-hour siege, the two employees slipped away and Noid gave himself up.

Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, and theft by extortion. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Domino's stopped runing Noid ads, and we all moved on.

Now let's be grown up and mail us that pickguard for our lovely Squier.

You guys DO know the classic "avoid the Noid" story, don't you?

In January 1989, 22-year-old Kenneth Lamar Noid interpreted the Domino's ads as a personal assault on his character. Believing he was engaged in an ongoing battle with Domino's head Tom Monaghan, Noid took matters into his own hands, holding up a Domino's outlet in Georgia. From Time magazine:

Kenneth Noid, 22, walked into a Domino's Pizza shop in Chamblee, Ga., with a .357 Magnum revolver and took two employees hostage. When police arrived, he demanded $100,000 in cash, a getaway car and a copy of The Widow's Son, a 1985 novel about secret societies in an 18th century Parisian prison.

All Noid got was the pizza he ordered. After a five-hour siege, the two employees slipped away and Noid gave himself up.

Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, and theft by extortion. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Domino's stopped runing Noid ads, and we all moved on.

Now let's be grown up and mail us that pickguard for our lovely Squier.
Huh.

I remember the ad campaign very well, but never heard about that crazy bastard. Never fails, someone always has to drop a deuce in the punch bowl. Nice going Kenneth, ya fuckin asshat.

Huh.

I remember the ad campaign very well, but never heard about that crazy bastard. Never fails, someone always has to drop a deuce in the punch bowl. Nice going Kenneth, ya fuckin asshat.
Sounds like he was a little bit para-Noid.

Reactions: OGG
Oh, he was WAY fuckin' crazy. Seriously - had been in and out of institutions. I just love the idea that an actually paranoid individual has the name Noid, and then winds up feeling targeted by a Domino's campaign that says "avoid the Noid." Coincidence, or .... ? LOLOLOLOL. Poor bastard.

Reactions: OGG
Back