This Car...yay or nay?

Honkridge

UNACCEPTABLE!
BsBOsMUh.jpg

I know there are good reasons cars don’t look like this today, but still…

OMG, that model won the 1951 Monte Carlo rally. Can you imagine how cool it must have felt to win a rally in that car?

Turns out that one is an especially over the top roadster version owned by an actress. It sold for £2 million in 2010. The rally winner was a competition version, you can watch him cross the finish line on YouTube:

The Diana Dors car’s engine sounds killer:

Last edited:
as long as you don't have to turn too sharply. (front fender skirts) :facepalm:
and i wouldn't want to be the person who has to lift that hood up.

I love classic cars with classic lines. I do not particularly love that one. But, that is just my taste. It is certainly a cool example of an interesting design.

Nice car for a cruise down PCH (south of San Luis Obispo or north of Monterey).

I think you have it backwards. That is a perfect car to drive down Hwy 1 (not pch) from Carmel through Big Sur to Hearst Castle. I would love a shot of that car on the Bixby Bridge.

content-photo-2014-11-32549_0_1_photo_PEBBLE14to_0429.jpg

gwlrg7jkqvf3ul5prwz6.jpg

Sure, there are a number of turns that might require a bit of forethought, but damn that would be a cool drive.

I think you have it backwards. That is a perfect car to drive down Hwy 1 (not pch) from Carmel through Big Sur to Hearst Castle. I would love a shot of that car on the Bixby Bridge.

View attachment 29232

View attachment 29233

Sure, there are a number of turns that might require a bit of forethought, but damn that would be a cool drive.
I don't know. That stretch of road is so tight and twisty, that car would feel so huge trying to negotiate those tight turns. I see it more for a relaxing drive along the coast on the straight parts of highway 1 and the 101 in San Diego with the top down.

Back