thinking out loud

To address this series of questions, including @Knox in Box, I think this seeming schizophrenia/junkie-ism is specifically because I just don't care about owning a Telecaster. It's a great Tele, don't get me wrong. But I bought it on a whim and I'm not beholden to it. So there's options.
For you the guitar is a mere instrument, a tool to make music with.

Other people think of their guitars as extensions of their souls.

Tort guard , Maple Neck, Mastery Bridge and a bigsby.
Now you are mine
um, well it isn't a Bigsby, but it'll do.

100_3677_zps8df91b9e.jpg

If you really like the tele to continue playing it then upgrade it. If its just going to sit there then sell it and get something you'll actually use. I don't think money is that big a part of the equation.

If you really like the tele to continue playing it then upgrade it. If its just going to sit there then sell it and get something you'll actually use. I don't think money is that big a part of the equation.
Right now, it's my backup and alternate tuning guitar in the band.

oh. For me an alternate tuning guitar is usually something I don't want to play on a regular basis but works tuned to Z# minor.
For me an alternate tuning guitar is the same or similar to as my main guitar, but tuned differently. messedup0 That's why I've got bridge humbuckers and Floyd Roses on both my main band guitars, same thing with my standard backup, and I'm working on a half-step-down backup.

oh. For me an alternate tuning guitar is usually something I don't want to play on a regular basis but works tuned to Z# minor.

We have one song in this weird open C tuning. I use the Tele for that song, but if I break a string on my PRS, then the tele makes backup duty.

Back