Thinking about a Cayman S

Aw man, I'm green with envy. Hopefully one day I'll join the club.

Is yours an auto or manual?

I remember my Dad going through this "phase" when he bought a Jaguar in his forties. :grin:
Manual, which eliminated the "S" from the equation. The only stick I was able to find was the basic model, but I don't really need to drive faster than 180 anyway. :)

My dad had a 944 Turbo, then a 911, then a Boxter S. I used to drive an 83 911 SC back in the day, and I had to scratch that itch again!

Manual, which eliminated the "S" from the equation. The only stick I was able to find was the basic model, but I don't really need to drive faster than 180 anyway. :)

My dad had a 944 Turbo, then a 911, then a Boxter S. I used to drive an 83 911 SC back in the day, and I had to scratch that itch again!

Are there manual versions of the S model?. That's what I'd want too. But like you, I don't really need to exceed the speed limit (though I do often). Got a lot to learn. Thanks!

Are there manual versions of the S model?. That's what I'd want too. But like you, I don't really need to exceed the speed limit (though I do often). Got a lot to learn. Thanks!
In my research a couple years back, no. I'm sure the non-export versions are manual, but I couldn't find an S without the tiptronic, or whatever it's called. My Dad's Boxter had that, and I just wasn't a fan.

I love Caymans!

My PM a couple of projects ago had one, and I rode with him in it once. I think I started a thread about it. :grin:

Hard to beat that car if you want to feel connected to the road + knockout looks. If you have stiff joints look elsewhere, you won't enjoy getting in and out of it.

If I were you I'd get it. You only live once. If you can come up with the coin I'd recommend the Cayman GT4.

porsche-cayman_100499291_l.jpg

People I know like them until that first shop visit. Then they kind of look like this:
:bert:

or

:l:

Reactions: Tig
People I know like them until that first shop visit. Then they kind of look like this:
:bert:

or

:l:
Mine hasn't really been too bad in that respect. Oil changes are expensive, for sure. Mid-engine cars are just a pain as far as that goes. But the normal stuff (brakes, tune-ups, etc) is pretty much on par with most of the stuff out there. Even a new set of tires was pretty reasonable.

Mine hasn't really been too bad in that respect. Oil changes are expensive, for sure. Mid-engine cars are just a pain as far as that goes. But the normal stuff (brakes, tune-ups, etc) is pretty much on par with most of the stuff out there. Even a new set of tires was pretty reasonable.
is the cayman mid engine like the boxster or rear engine like the 911???

They Cayman is essentially a hardtop Boxter with a little more style (IMO).
it's certainly a good looking car. now i don't want a boxster any more.:grin:

but i'll ALWAYS be a 911 guy. i would LOVE to have a 1978-1983 911 SC, no whale, no turbo, no targa (restored of course)
something along these lines.
29483190001_large.jpg

Sorry to disappoint but its going to be a while. In the meantime, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

I'm trying to squeeze every mile out of my old truck while saving up. :embarrassed:

Back