Thinking about a Blacktop Strat

Something about Fender humbuckers that I never get along with. I'd get it and replace the buckers with something else but other than that I've liked the blacktops that I've played.

Something about Fender humbuckers that I never get along with.
I know what you mean. I have a Highway 1 Showmaster with two Fender Enforcers, and I've just never liked them very much. Also, the humbucker in the neck position of my MIA Tele HS is a little finicky--sounds great in some applications, but not quite right in others. I still dig it, but I can see how some folks wouldn't.
OTOH, the pickups in the Blacktop sound absolutely great to me. I'm getting a huge, beefy classic rock tone with the combination of it, a Classic 30, and a Boss GT-8. It's my favorite rock tone I've ever had.

hah! I know it is an old thread. Was just looking for more info on the forum on the HH Blacktop strat. I am obsessing about it while I wait for the guitar. I think I need to go to the thrift store and look for an argyle sweater. V neck if possible.

hah! I know it is an old thread. Was just looking for more info on the forum on the HH Blacktop strat. I am obsessing about it while I wait for the guitar. I think I need to go to the thrift store and look for an argyle sweater. V neck if possible.

I can give you my old glasses. They would complete the look. :grin:

Back