Thinking about a Blacktop Strat

Muppet

Cat in the Hat
Modern Saint is going to kill me, but I'm thinking about selling my '85 Japanese black-neck Strat and buying a new Blacktop Strat. I played one, and these things smoke!
blacktop strat.jpg

I already have a surf green Strat, and I'm selling a black one to get this one. Besides, the black totally sets off the maple neck. I might try to find a white pickguard to give it that Blackie vibe.

I already have a surf green Strat, and I'm selling a black one to get this one. Besides, the black totally sets off the maple neck. I might try to find a white pickguard to give it that Blackie vibe.

I said SONIC BLUE!

:thu: If you need to, get a black guard to set of the maple neck.

I have the exact guitar; it has become my primary instrument in my cover band.
I put two more springs behind the trem and don't use the bar. I also replaced the knobs with black Tele knobs, and I just recently put Fender locking tuners on it.
I absolutely love it!

They're OK I guess. I had a Blacktop Jaguar for a few months. It didn't do much for me.

With all due respect Ellen, sort of an apples-to-oranges comparison. The strat has a similar five-position switching as the late, lamented Big Apple strat did (i.e. positions two and four provide single-coil tones) and thus provides a much more versatile tone palette than the jag. If I didn't have a Shecter PT I'd have probably gotten one by now...

While I agree to some extent (I have a Nashville Tele that's black+tort+maple), the Blacktop looks way more rockin' with the black on black.

I don't completely disagree, I love black on black strat, he was talking about going with a white one. Tort > white.

With all due respect Ellen, sort of an apples-to-oranges comparison. The strat has a similar five-position switching as the late, lamented Big Apple strat did (i.e. positions two and four provide single-coil tones) and thus provides a much more versatile tone palette than the jag. If I didn't have a Shecter PT I'd have probably gotten one by now...

Hmmm, that I didn't know. Make mine in Sonic Blue please! :)

I don't completely disagree, I love black on black strat, he was talking about going with a white one. Tort > white.
Oops, I missed that. Absolutely right! White would be boring as hell.
In this case, black>tort>white.
:wink:

I had one for a short period last year. I already have a Strat I am in love with plus I made a nice little piece of profit flipping it. Otherwise I would of kept it.
Quality wise it was fantastic and with the HBs and weird switching it offers a wide range of tones.

1.Humbucker Bridge, Position 1
2.Both Humbuckers, Position 3
3.Humbucker Neck Position 5
4.Both Humbuckers Split (adjustable/outside poles) Position 2
5.Both Humbuckers Split(covered/inside poles) Position 4

Amp:Fender Champion 600
Mic:Apex 440

Back