Things or situations that send you right into a song

Dudeman1967

blah, blah, blah...
I wish I could turn this part of my brain off. It happens a lot to me. Here are a few.

When I get clothes out of the dryer I will jump right into "I'll tumble for ya" by Boy George if I catch the "tumble dry" label on the dryer.

If I see the Shout stain remover it's always "shout, shout, let it on out. these are the things..." ugh!!! I've asked my wife to buy a different brand.

Looks like I have a valid excuse to stay out of the laundry room.

Also whenever I get and email that is from noreply@xxxxxx.com I spring right into "No Reply at All" by Genesis.

There have got to be 20 more examples but these are a start.

I'm sick. Please help me.

What about you?

Edit: thought of another one. My dog barks exactly like the dog at the beginning of Been Caught Stealing by Jane's Addiction. Every F'n time!!!

Happens frequently. But in my case it's very random, never the same trigger or song. Just a certain word or phrase, or plain spotting something can send me off into madness. :embarrassed:

Can't for the life of me remember any particular ones right now though.

I drive bandmates crazy at band practice btw. I'll often just start playing the song that comes to mind. :grin:

Whenever I see a troll thread by @Theodore , I immediately conjure up Trampled Underfoot by Led Zeppelin.

One of my most played songs these days.

@Theodore , you never got back to me. Have you actually ever had a boat? Do you actually know how to sail?
Because if not, you're a fucking wanker, dude.

Please take your wannabe horse-shit comedy routine somewhere else. It quit being funny about 4 months ago.

You, sir....are a douche-bag.

Good grief. :facepalm:

I'm putting you on my ignore list because you are getting more than a little bit creepy with the harassment.

Whenever I see a troll thread by @Theodore , I immediately conjure up Trampled Underfoot by Led Zeppelin.

@Theodore , you never got back to me. Have you actually ever had a boat? Do you actually know how to sail?

Please take your wannabe horse-shit comedy routine somewhere else. It quit being funny about 4 months ago.

It's douche-nozzle. You know, the working end of the douche machine.

I'm putting you on my ignore list because you are getting more than a little bit creepy with the harassment.

Report me.

And make sure you put a Christopher Cross video link in there somewhere.

I've always been a proponent of taking people in off the internet, but you've overstayed your welcome as far as I'm concerned. Of course, it's not my forum.......you have NOTHING to offer. NOTHING. Except stupid Christopher Cross references.
It's just not funny anymore. Get a new routine.

Or GTFO. I'm tired of your schtick. I really do believe you're not as big of a dick in real life as you pretend you are on here. Shit, you're probably 15 years old or something.....but
Unfortunately, I am.
Touche.

You have NOTHING to offer here. Move along.

Since splitting with my wife about 10 years ago I've been enjoying the feelings of 'new sexual partner'. That whole honeymoon stage for as long as it lasts..

When a new one walks through my door this tune pops in my head...Other than that, your phenomenon isn't a common occurrence for me..

Funny, I was talking to my wife about this as I cooking dinner. I spilled some of the pasta onto the stove top, I picked up the random pieces and threw them into the sink and I'm all:

So unplug the jukebox
And do us all a favor, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, that music's lost its taste
So try another flavor Antmusic, Antmusic, Antmusic, Antmusic

...because the sound of the uncooked mini penne happen to hit a bit of rhythm that starts Adam and Ants Antmusic

Everyday I get onto the Metro and the sound of doors play a little mechanical ditty that sounds very similar to the steel drum sound in Michael Franti's Pray for Grace...you can hear it at the 18 second mark in the video below.

And that doesn't include all the cues for talking to people where they say something that is part of or again similar to a song lyric OR the example of an activity that makes me think of a song. It's beyond my control...nothing I can do about it. I wouldn't have it any other way.:thu:

Report me.

I've always been a proponent of taking people in off the internet, but you've overstayed your welcome as far as I'm concerned. Of course, it's not my forum.......you have NOTHING to offer. NOTHING. Except stupid Christopher Cross references.

Or GTFO. I'm tired of your schtick. I really do believe you're not as big of a dick in real life as you pretend you are on here. Shit, you're probably 15 years old or something.....but
Unfortunately, I am.
Touche.

What my world needs now is less Theodore. My patience with double-digit IQ's is spent, I'm afraid......

That's a great song, btw....@Jelloman. I might have to play that.

*EDIT*

Playing it now on the stereo. Thank you, @jelloman . Still want to bludgeon Theodore to death with a giant rubber dick, but this is making me feel better. Thank you.

Last edited:
What my world needs now is less Theodore. My patience with double-digit IQ's is spent, I'm afraid......

That's a great song, btw....@Jelloman. I might have to play that.

*EDIT*

Playing it now on the stereo. Thank you, @jelloman . Still want to bludgeon Theodore to death with a giant rubber dick, but this is making me feel better. Thank you.

Dude, take it down a thousand.

Dude, take it down a thousand.

No. Fuck that guy. He's nothing but a troll, and I'm sorry, but since when did we suffer trolls?

Ban me. I've been here for ages, through the thick and thin.

NOTHING to offer. NOTHING. Doesn't even play guitar.....

Bear that in mind.
:troll:

Really don't care if that is aimed at me or not, @Peen Simmons.

I stand up for what I think is right and just, and am not enamored with a lot of the rest of the junk posts, though they do have their place.

Report me.

Unfortunately, I am.
Touche.

Lighten up Francis.jpg

It must really suck to live in a world where someone forces you at gunpoint to read every single thread and comment on the forum. I guess I'm lucky that I get to just skip over content I find boring or annoying.

Back