There's nothing like a New Glarus Staghorn...

CBHScott

How did I get here?
...and a $99 Jackson JS-10 in the hotel room.

20160824_203402.jpg

Good times :)

Last edited:
They sell New Glarus beer around here (Milwaukee metro area). I usually prefer their Stout, and I'd like to try the lambic (which is a kind of beer-wine), since I love Frambroise raspberry lambic.

BTW - did you just buy the Jackson, during this trip?

They sell New Glarus beer around here (Milwaukee metro area). I usually prefer their Stout, and I'd like to try the lambic (which is a kind of beer-wine), since I love Frambroise raspberry lambic.

BTW - did you just buy the Jackson, during this trip?

Stout = gooooooooooood

Lambic - if it's anything like Leinie's Biergarten Tart, then

:chow:

(OK, so Leinie's may not be a proper measuring stick for comparison, but I either really like, or really loathe their stuff, depending...)

AFA the cheap Jackson, I got it at GC last week for $99 on sale. I needed a cheap guitar as my budget would allow, due to bills n such, and I have gotten quite used to shreddy-thin necks like the Ibanez Wiz III on my dearly departed Jem Jr :cry:. I always thought that thinner necks made my aging hands cramp up, but I have lately found it is the opposite, as I tend to keep a tight grip on fatter necks, but the thin necks have forced me to play with a much lighter touch. Wish I had this level of thinking before, but...

Anyway, the Jackson is a real nice bang-for-the-buck. Frets are near-perfect, tuners are OK; even the stock Jackson pickups aren't bad, although I'll probably upgrade them to something decently cheap and more vintage-y. Also, the trem is a bit cheap; may go with a Wilky instead. Overall, though, I really like it. Can't beat it for the price.

My mum and sister love New Glarus spotted cow. I understand it cannot be sold outside of Wisconsin, but that's OK, 'cause here in Cali we have more than enough great microbrews.

I think the main thing spotted cow has going for it is the not-allowed-to-be-sold-outside-of-wisconsin thing. It's fine, but pretty boring.

Back