The Whiskey Thread

I've been sick the past few weeks, so I've let my drinking slip. I probably lost 10 pounds. Time to drink it back!

Reactions: Tig
it iqn't whiskey, but I got this

alberta-pure-vodka-alberta-canada-10340629.jpg

Bought a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 a few days ago. The first taste didn't grab me. Plenty of fire power but not much to taste. I'll give it another try later. If all else fails, it is plenty good to mix with and Mrs. T likes bourbon and Coke.

Tried a new bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel Select last night. Pretty smooth and sweet with one distinct flavor I can't quite describe. Further testing required.

101 is an interesting Bourbon...you go into it wondering why people like it and your first pour after cracking the bottle doesn't seem all that. Come back a day or two later, take another pour and suddenly it starts opening up. I think part of it is adjusting to the proof and maybe the bottle being opened for a couple days. IDK.

Test away! And report back when sober. :grin:
Fook sober. Um, what was I testing? If it was Russell's single barrel bourbon, well, it passes my 3rd testing session. Not Four Roses Single Barrel tasty, but pretty damn good. I like the rapid buzz, too.

101 is an interesting Bourbon...you go into it wondering why people like it and your first pour after cracking the bottle doesn't seem all that. Come back a day or two later, take another pour and suddenly it starts opening up. I think part of it is adjusting to the proof and maybe the bottle being opened for a couple days. IDK.

I was ready to toss it but thought better. I'll give it another run soon. :grin:

I am a fan of Wild Turkey 101. This week I was in NJ, and apparently they only have the 81 proof, which is also tasty.

I've noticed that Wild Turkey is starting to get expensive around here. Dunno why. Anyway, I'm still rockin' the Evan Williams black.

American whiskey prices are rising across the board. Supply hasn't been able to keep up with demand. Maker's Mark tried to stretch their supply a little by going to a lower proof, but the backlash was fierce. So they said, "ok, now not everyone will be able to get some."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Huh. Haven't bought Wild Turkey in awhile. Wonder what's up.

They probably noticed that one guy was buying a bottle like every three months. And that was a 400% increase in the number of Wild Turkey bottles being sold at this one liquor store by my house. So the owner upped the price.

American whiskey prices are rising across the board. Supply hasn't been able to keep up with demand. Maker's Mark tried to stretch their supply a little by going to a lower proof, but the backlash was fierce. So they said, "ok, now not everyone will be able to get some."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I saw an infographic the other day about worldwide consumption of US whiskey and demand has exploded...especially in areas like Japan.

Picked up some Evan Williams Single Barrel yesterday. Thought I'd give it another shot since it's been years since last time I had it. No sir, I don't like it. Tastes sour and kind of harsh. It's funny because it's the same grain bill as Elijah Craig, but it's a pretty substantial difference from any Elijah barrels I tried. But, to be fair, every barrel is different.

Picked up some Evan Williams Single Barrel yesterday. Thought I'd give it another shot since it's been years since last time I had it. No sir, I don't like it. Tastes sour and kind of harsh. It's funny because it's the same grain bill as Elijah Craig, but it's a pretty substantial difference from any Elijah barrels I tried. But, to be fair, every barrel is different.

Mine has a pretty sweet flavor that lingers. I don't remember any sour taste, but my memory may have been dulled. messedup0

Nothing wrong with the Wild Turkey. It doesn't have the booteek cache the others get but it's a solid whiskey.

I'm back in the Woodford Reserve myself right now. I like that one a lot.

+1 on the Elijah Craig. Probably my favorite bottle that doesn't break the bank. I'll take it over Maker's Mark any time.

Back