The Viking returns to the fold

After waiting around for a long time for me to get around to dealing with some adjustment issues, the Viking has returned to the fold. Found a good local tech who handled the adjustment issues and along the way dressed the fret ends a little bit due to dry air.

Now she plays beautifully with improved action and sounds wonderful. I have been pretty enamored with my telly with the P90 in the neck recently and then even more recently with my good old Strat. but I was missing the beautiful mellow tones and complex warm chord sounds that this guitar gives me. (And the good old distortion and feedback.) welcome back into the fold, old friend.

a448761c897d422307608982d37cd1c2.jpg

Last edited:
That pic does not really do the red justice. I will take another natural light pic to post later, just because it is such a cool color. :grin: Still dark here now.

Nice looking Viking! It makes a world of difference when everything is adjusted right.

BTW, I love the briefcase pedalboard case. I actually have an old briefcase that's just been hanging around for many years, so you've given me an idea. Just have to check the dimensions of my pedalboard. :thu:

Nice looking Viking! It makes a world of difference when everything is adjusted right.

BTW, I love the briefcase pedalboard case. I actually have an old briefcase that's just been hanging around for many years, so you've given me an idea. Just have to check the dimensions of my pedalboard. :thu:
That is actually a vintage samsonite suitcase. A briefcase would be a better traveling board in terms of weight, but the suitcase works well otherwise. Lots of room in the other compartment for cables, power strips, etc. I have a homemade plywood pedal board in there I can lift out and place on stage, (for when I get back on a stage sometime) but at home, the board just lives in the suitcase.

I've seen pics of those suitcase drums before. Interesting idea, but I prefer a 6 piece, and down to 4 if I have to do it.

Briefcase pedalboards and drums? I saw those in Williamsburg a decade ago. You guys are significantly behind the curve.

Back