Dig it! The turn of a friendly amp: Part II of "WTF is with F&%#$ng small toob amps?"

CBHScott

How did I get here?
So today I worked in Chicago. Knowing I would be heading to the city, and my job would only take until around noon, I brought the Pro Jr. with me to return it.

After taking the daughter out for an impromptu lunch between her classes, I made my way to CME to return the amp and get a MIII or SCX2 and be done; however, since I had some time, I tried a couple of other things, and ended up blown away by, and coming home with,

this:

Top view:

20150304_195312.jpg

Side view:

20150304_195324 1.jpg

Full frontal:

20150304_195335 1.jpg

Well, mah goodness! @jelloman was right, although I kinda knew that from last September :wink:. This amp is a BEAST - 5W/15W switchable, very good tonal options, effects loop, the TS circuit, and is DEAD FUCKING QUIET at idle :thu:. Bright/dark/clean/dirty/loud/soft when you want it. No master volume, and frankly you do not need one. This amp really brings out the guitar's characteristics as well (which means the Gretsch goes away, unfortunately...). Best part was that I got the head and cab for less than what the equivalent combo would have cost elsewhere :cool:.

Toob faith restored. I iz happy :)

It doesn't look like it has a whole lot to offer on the surface, but it is really versatile. You can run the amp at whisper volume, yet kick in the TS circuit for some nice low-level OD. This amp sounds ballsy at low volume - dirty OR clean.

It doesn't look like it has a whole lot to offer on the surface, but it is really versatile. You can run the amp at whisper volume, yet kick in the TS circuit for some nice low-level OD. This amp sounds ballsy at low volume - dirty OR clean.
...and it takes pedals well...

Honestly, as happy as I am with my PRS, I don't think I'll ever part with mine...

Are these just a one-channel amp? Or is it two channels, and if so, is it footswitch-able?

"Fucking Ibanez" in before Prages! :grin:

Seriously, that's a cool little amp. The demo shows plenty of range. HNAD! :cool:

Last edited:
Are these just a one-channel amp? Or is it two channels, and if so, is it footswitch-able?
It's a single channel with a switchable tube screamer circuit built in AND a switchable 6db boost circuit built in...it's a 6V6 tube as well...

Back