The thread in which Phil has a new project/toy

I figure to do all four corners, it's probably going to be close to $500. The Blazer is probably worth maybe $2500 tops in good working order. It's got about 150,000 miles on it. Amazingly, the body and interior are in great shape. No rust, dents, dings, tears, etc. It's just the undercarriage that is rusting.

Oh, well in that case it's not so bad. Probably not a fun time, but sounds worth it.

just sent an email asking for shipping costs for the tube doors. I'll let you know how it turns out.

AC is always good! Especially in Vegas!

The AC in my Blazer is great. It's just the brakes that are for shit.

I have seen snow fall, but not stick. They get a few inches that stick every 4 years or so apparently. But it gets really windy, so most of the time it feels really bloody cold.

Here are the seasons. Two weeks of perfect. Hot as the surface of the sun. A month of random rain like the hammers of hell. Two weeks perfect. Cold as balls. repeat.

Meh, it's not so bad. I have gotten used to it. The heat doesn't bother me much anymore. Problem is right now it's in the rainy part, so it's like 105 and rainy. Thats not fun at all. But it will be gone soon.

Well, finally got around to my first real attempt at auto painting. Starting with the fiberglass top, and top of the cab.

Saturday sanded and masked everything off.

Sunday morning cleaned up the spray gun, put it together with a water separator, and shot it with primer.

It came out good, I'm happy for my first attempt. Couple small runs, I'll fix those when I paint the white along the bottom. But, it's a passable 10/20 foot job. lol. I'm just going to scratch it up eventually anyway. But looks way better, and should keep cooler.

Back