The thread in which Phil has a new project/toy

It was still there! lol.

I figure that at least the clutch has to be depressed to start it, so that would give them a headache.

Thanks Dave! My next project is to start sanding and sealing the fiberglass top, getting it ready for paint. This weekend I hope!

Just so you brotha's don't think I have abandoned this, I got the high temp activator for the paint, but still, it's wayyyyyy too hot here.

I'll probably have to wait a couple months before it cools enough for me to try.

Just so you brotha's don't think I have abandoned this, I got the high temp activator for the paint, but still, it's wayyyyyy too hot here.

I'll probably have to wait a couple months before it cools enough for me to try.

I was in Vegas for about 45 minutes last Saturday. :embarrassed: Just long enough to get off of my plane, push my way through the thousands of slot machines in the airport, and get to my gate for departure.

I thought it was pretty neat that The Strip was in plain view as we taxied to our gate.

My view of Vegas. I think I can see Phil's Blazer if I look hard enough.

Vegas.jpg

Awesome! I live about 15 minutes from the airport. My apartment looks out at final approach. :grin:

Did a little work on it today. Nothing fancy. After the lift, the steering wheel was way off, and it turned to the left MUCH more than the right. I had to adjust the drag link. It's the short tie rod looking thing in the picture. I had to loosen the two bolts (which were frozen, I broke a socket on one) then turn the little housing in the middle. The tie rod ends are each opposite thread, so one way lengthens, one way shortens. I did it about 3 times, got it perfect, steering wheel is back to dead center.

Nice.

My S10 Blazer's brakes feel like they need bled BADLY.

I tried to do it on Sunday, but everything on the brake hardware is so rusted that I couldn't even open a bleed valve without snapping it off.

It looks like it needs the rubber brake hoses, new calipers, rotors, and pads.

I may just sell it as is to get rid of it.

Yeah, yikes. If everything is that far gone, it might cost more to replace it than the truck is worth.

Since it's a toy anyway, why not go with the tube doors? I wouldn't say that if it was a daily driver.

Yeah, yikes. If everything is that far gone, it might cost more to replace it than the truck is worth.

I figure to do all four corners, it's probably going to be close to $500. The Blazer is probably worth maybe $2500 tops in good working order. It's got about 150,000 miles on it. Amazingly, the body and interior are in great shape. No rust, dents, dings, tears, etc. It's just the undercarriage that is rusting.

Back